DT366 basic questions

If you are running Windows on your WebDT366 this is for you.
hcccs

DT366 basic questions

Post by hcccs »

I'm not a newbie with computers, just with WindowsCE and tablet PCs. I bought a DT366 and need to install a piece of navigation software on it and then connect a GPS. I suppose I have to connect it to my desktop using a cable or bluetooth and then manage the installation from there, like on a PDA. Can someone give me some advice.
angrymeat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: DT366 basic questions

Post by angrymeat »

first place to start is the navigation software you are using ce5.0 x86 compatible ? There is very little out there that seems to be which if you read through these forums you will get to understand the hatred of ce 5:) .
problem with installing like a pda is again no sync software. If and thats a big maybe the software does work on ce5.0 x86 then you can try just running it on your dt itself instead of using synx software but I suspect the software you have is ce 5 compatible  but not workable with these units. Welcome  to webdt.org :) feel free to hop on the chat room and talk to any of us that may be online.
angrymeat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by angrymeat »

active sync can use bluetooth as well but the machine has to have the client on it .
hcccs

Post by hcccs »

Thanks angrymeat for your reply. I don't think my DT366 has activesync on it so I would need a cradle or cable to connect to my desktop. Would you know where I can either or in the worst case the pinout so I can manufacture a cable myself?
angrymeat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by angrymeat »

as far as i understand for active sync to work at all a client would be necessary. even with a cradle or a cable  im pretty sure it still wouldn't work. this is the problem  all of us  have had with ce 5 x86 there is little to no software out there for it.
hcccs

Post by hcccs »

This looks like a Catch22 situation, without activesync I can't install activesync. Is it really as bad as that?
Is there a way out of this?
angrymeat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by angrymeat »

dont use ce5 :)
hcccs

Post by hcccs »

It crossed my mind but the S/W I intend to use runs on CE only.
hcccs

Post by hcccs »

I just saw on the internet that you can plug in a USB flash drive into the DT366 and transfer files that way.
Does it sound doable?
angrymeat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by angrymeat »

you can transfer files to your dt many ways over the internet through usb from a cf card  from a usb cd rom / usb hd. that isnt the problem its the apps wont install to ce 5 x86. the program you have is most likely not compatible with ce 5 x86  either