Fully funtioning XP Embedded image .

If you are running Windows on your WebDT366 this is for you.
angrymeat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Fully funtioning XP Embedded image .

Post by angrymeat »

Ok I have been promising it for days but do to RL stuff and endless tweaking I have finally completed my XPE image .
The image is ghosting as we speak and will only be a trial as I have said before. I highly recommend that you pick up embedded studio and create your own images to get everything you want in these. I have included pretty much all you should need on these things with the exception of .net. I just couldn't seem to get .net 2.0 in here  with everything else. 

I have found found certain portions to make Pirate xpe floating around out there in the BAY.

I did put EWF  on this installation but it is disabled  by default so you will need to turn it on if you want to utilize it . I will mention that I did not create an EWF partition so you would need to make one in order for it to work correctly . More info on ewf here.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms940853(WinEmbedded.5).aspx

Below I will post my sld and slx files I used to create my image along with the drivers I had to add in .This slx is for xp embedded studio  sp2 with the 2007 update package. it will not work without it being sp2 and having the 2007 update.

this is the devices.sld I created from my webdt pretty much a hardware profile for embedded studio to build off of you just import this file into your database before running target designer.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=86072d7425fbbe2761d4646c62b381cbc7e78613cd071788ce018c8114394287

this is my SLX file I created my image from this will be opened with target designer
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=86072d7425fbbe2761d4646c62b381cbc7e78613cd071788ce018c8114394287

This file includes the files for the audio drivers,touchscreen  and the button agent and driver for the built in buttons. (brightness control module in there doesn't seem to work. )

***note*** when installing the audio drivers you will get a prompt that complains about not being able to find two files one called kuser and another call ks  select brows and look in c:\windows\system32 for kuser and c:\windows \system32\driver for ks. If you used the above slx to build your image then they should be there if not just put them in those locations you can copy them from your xp desktop if you have one.

I should be uploading a ghost of my image shortly don't stone me to death if i don't get to it today its my oldest sons 6th b day .  in the meantime go download embedded studio from Microsoft the evaluation version is free.
Last edited by angrymeat on Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Fully funtioning XP Embedded image .

Post by quotaholic »

Congrats! That is no small accomplishment. Hope the b-day is a good one.

quotaholic
angrymeat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by angrymeat »

Due to complaints from some users about weather or not posting a trial image  on here is legal or not I have removed the link to the image for the time being. As for the above information and drivers there is no issue with those being posted so they will remain. Again the reason for this information is to allow you to build your own xp embedded image  . If you choose to  do it  legit or illegal is your deal I will not post either way. All I have posted is simply my config files and drivers which are fully 100% legal to post  . I will say if you ened any assistance with you sp image feel free to pm me or hit me up on irc and I will help you however I can.
Last edited by angrymeat on Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcreim

Post by mcreim »

Thank you very much for the good work. I will try your image at the weekend. Meanwhile I got my own XPE image working with sound, Pen and Bluetooth. Something that I doesn't get to work is hibernation. I wonder if is it possible to avoid the bootprocess just like in ce? Just power on and after 2-5 seconds the desktop is shown?
angrymeat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by angrymeat »

as far as i understand you will need a bunch of free space for hibernation to work. you can use minlogon vs winlogon to speed up boot but then  you limit yourself on what you can use in your image since alot depends on winlogon
XGhosT

Post by XGhosT »

Why you not install latest GX2 video driver ? (ver 1.04.00) ?
angrymeat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by angrymeat »

knock yourself out  you can install whatever you like on your image.
donManguno

Post by donManguno »

this isn't working for me, when i import the .slx file i get tons of "missing component" errors.
apolite1

Post by apolite1 »

hi i am new and need some help  how to install the  button agent and driver for the built in buttons. please help i have xp working just need to know how to install the down button agent  zip files thank  you
Last edited by apolite1 on Fri May 01, 2009 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcreim

Post by mcreim »

apolite1 wrote: hi i am new and need some help  how to install the  button agent and driver for the built in buttons. please help i have xp working just need to know how to install the down button agent  zip files thank  you
Within the ZIP you will find a file called "acpisim.inf". Just right-click on it and select "install". That should be all to get the drivers working.

Regards
Michael
apolite1

Post by apolite1 »

mcreim wrote:
apolite1 wrote: hi i am new and need some help  how to install the  button agent and driver for the built in buttons. please help i have xp working just need to know how to install the down button agent  zip files thank  you
Within the ZIP you will find a file called "acpisim.inf". Just ". right-click on it and select "installThat should be all to get the drivers working.

Regards
Michael
hi  i  unzip  the file and  copy it to my desk top button agent  file and right-click on it and select "install it look like it wanted to install but nothing happen .no button agent  nothing happen with buttons i open the file and tapped on the button agent icon it said  NO SP_INTERFACE_DEVICE_DATA  available for this guid instance .thank you for your help.
angrymeat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by angrymeat »

go to add remove programs  highlight the device and choose let me select the file to use then choose the button agent folder. it should install the agent itself and place the buttmanager app in your system32 folder
fabio

Post by fabio »

hallo i've tried to install tiny xp beast edition on webdt and it runs leaving 85 mb free, but i need pci to cardbus drivers can anyone help me?
regards
Fabio