Trying to restore my webdt device

Mrfbehn4th

Trying to restore my webdt device

Post by Mrfbehn4th »

My Webdt 310 works fine, but i am missing a few applications for it such as the ability to control and configure the buttons on the front of it and the ability to restore the factory os, i have recieved the restore software from the manufacturer but when i go to do it off of the usb
i get errors the appear as if im not locating the usb device plugged into my system , please let me know if any of you guys have done this
and any ideas on how I can restore my system or get any of the missing software back would be very much appreciated .
Dave7341

Re: Trying to restore my webdt device

Post by Dave7341 »

It's been awhile.....

Have you resolved this?  Have have the button agent for the 310 with the seven front buttons.  Contact me directly.

-Dave
jawwells

Post by jawwells »

Dave, I tried to contact you directly but, the site wont allow me. I also need the button manager software. I am trying to get my msr working. thank you, Josh
jawwells

Post by jawwells »

I found the buttonagent. I also found the msr conf. But it seems I am missing the driver. Do you think I could just download an opensource code or maybe microsoft has one?
Dave7341

Post by Dave7341 »

The stock MSR on a DT310 uses COM2: There is no driver needed. In your POS software, just tell it the MSR is on COM2.
I used google to find the manual for the stock MSR device:

http://www.partner.com.tw/support/wma/M ... Manual.pdf

and this one:

http://www.comx-computers.co.za/downloa ... MSR250.pdf

Good luck.
Dave7341

Post by Dave7341 »

The last place I look is at DT Research but here is their support manual.

http://www.dtresearch.com/support/user_ ... manual.pdf

It's the same as the last sections of the other manuals since they are the same device.

-Dave
jawwells

Post by jawwells »

I can attach com2 to my pos software for the msr but I do still need a software loaded in order to activate the reader. The msr configure tab doesnt have a software loaded to support the device on my unit. I found a couple software versions im gonna try. If you know of the stock version that would be cool but otherwise I'll let ya know how it goes.
Dave7341

Post by Dave7341 »

These MSRs are just dumb devices that send the data from the swipe down the serial port. POS software interfaces to MSRs in two ways. First and most popular is a direct connect on the com port. Make sure your POS software is in the "direct" mode. The second way is the "wedge" mode where another piece of software called a "keyboard wedge" reads the data from the com port and stuffs the data into the keyboard buffer. The POS software 'thinks" the data was typed on the keyboard. The wedge mode means the POS software does not bother with com ports or usb ports looking for the MSR. Some POS software only works in this wedge mode but most POS software gives you an option. Look in the setup part of the POS software.

Did you download the MSRconfig demo shown in the manual link I sent you? This will determine if the MSR device is working properly.

I didn't mention the obvious that you must have COM2 turned on in the BIOS. Buy I guess I should never assume. Make sure you have a com2 port in the device manager - if not, turn it on in the BIOS.

Good luck. -DT_Dave
Dave7341

Post by Dave7341 »

DT Research still has the MSR utility listed for dwnload here:

http://www.dtresearch.com/support/tools ... tility.zip

Maybe that will help you. -Dave