Successfully created an XPe image

This board is for Xybernaut Atigo T and DT368 owners. Topics that do not fit in other areas.
ralbright

Successfully created an XPe image

Post by ralbright »

Well ladies & germs, after over 3 weeks of near constant work, building and rebuilding XPe builds from scratch, I have finally created a build that works perfectly on the DT368. The total build uses only 293mb of the 512 flash drive. All of the features work including the touchscreen and button manager.

Now if there is enough interest, I will ghost this file up and put it online for people to download, maybe I should charge for it? (Well it is the christmas season and all so I guess I will give it away, for a while at least).

Have a very Merry Christmas
And remember that Christ is the Reason for the Season.
ravivraz

Re: Successfully created an XPe image

Post by ravivraz »

if you could post a link for download it will be life saving for my dt.
i have my last image but the file broke.... norton ghost gets stuck!!!

thanks
rkw

Post by rkw »

same here,

that  would definately be appreciated!!
f-radzio

Post by f-radzio »

i will be glad too, if you post a link

thnx
kyufa

Post by kyufa »

OMG Please post this image!! You'll be a hero to everyone with a sad DT368, and kindness on this scale won't go unrewarded...
ralbright

Post by ralbright »

Okay wow, I guess I need to check these forums more often, I have been quite busy in school as of late. The image I have is not a traditional image, rather it is the files that are created by the Windows XPE Builder, it would still need to go through the first boot agent on the first boot. The easiest way I have found to load these is through the mini-windows XP bootable off of USB, found in Hiren's Boot CD. (IF you don't know how to do that, do a little more research, the information is out there). I have uploaded this to MegaUpload, here is the URL: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SA00ACAY  Extra programs (i even included a really cool broken LCD background for your DT, it drives my wife nuts when she sees it, she keeps thinking she broke the screen) and drivers for the DT368 can be found here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=53JUVHX6

Instructions for use (this assumes you have successfully loaded the files onto the DT368, and have completed the first boot agent)

On first boot, you will see the start menu, you will need to reactivate the various functions of the start menu (right click functionality, all programs, etc. which is accessible from the run menu, search on google how to disable right click from the registry to figure out how to turn it back on)

Reboot

Then setup the start menu with all the things you want by right-clicking the start menu button and changing the various properties.

Load the drivers that are in the second file.

Setup your DT368 exactly how you want, and enjoy!!

Questions, post them here, and I will try to get back to them sooner than I did last time. (sorry)
f-radzio

Post by f-radzio »

i have a problem.

I bay a new sdd drive. 4GB transcend and install step by step you image. On firs start Windows Logon i get this message

A problem is preventing Windows from accurately checking the license for this computer. Error code: 0x80070002

and logout me :(
Dave7341

Post by Dave7341 »

Possible reason and possible fix here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310794
ralbright

Post by ralbright »

f-radzio wrote: i have a problem.

I bay a new sdd drive. 4GB transcend and install step by step you image. On firs start Windows Logon i get this message

A problem is preventing Windows from accurately checking the license for this computer. Error code: 0x80070002

and logout me :(
Try doing the first boot without the SD card installed. Once you finish the 1st boot, then install the SD card. Let me know how that works.
f-radzio

Post by f-radzio »

You mean CF card ?? Yes, I pull out CF card and PCMCIA wireless card. That not help, the same error appear.on screen. I read in some article, but nothing helps.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310794
http://digitalpbk.blogspot.com/2008/04/ ... nting.html

even i copy missing file error not go.
f-radzio

Post by f-radzio »

i found this:
forum/viewtopic.php?t=6

"To make the change, load your .slx in Target Designer.  Go to Settings | Target Device Settings | Boot Partition Size (MB).  Set it to 1024 and retry the build"

maybe the picture was made ??for the drive <1GB.  I don't have .slx file and Target Designer. Could someone do that ? Maybe that will help  :-\
ralbright

Post by ralbright »

Unfortunately the laptop that I used to create the XPe image went belly up a few months back, and for whatever reason the image designer software will not load onto my main computer.
f-radzio

Post by f-radzio »

oh no. that is maybe the answer for this problem. try anything. don't give up.
f-radzio

Post by f-radzio »

any one else can help ?
xendin

Post by xendin »

No slx file then try this:
The XPe image seems to be for a 500Mb drive.
Re-partition your drive to 500Mb and remember to set the flag as bootable.
Copy your image and re-boot.
You should now see the first boot agent.