MisterHouse

If you have a posted video online or a website that shows how you are using your WebDT, by all means, please show it off! WebDT reserves the right to remove content that is not in line with the goas of webdt.org or videos that are not in good taste.
thom

MisterHouse

Post by thom »

I came across my DT366 in a bit of a roundabout way. It came with xp and I used it that way for a bit, but it finally tanked.

It sat in my computer room for the past 2 years and I dug it out to decide what I wanted to do with it. I thought I could use a few of them like in the movie Ironman as front ends to my home automation.

I successfully installed puppy linux on it, and am in the process of getting the wireless to work.

I really only need a web browser to work, and I'm hoping that I can get voice command to work thru the network to my misterhouse server. I think I can get festival to run in client mode, and have misterhouse speak it's commands and information thru the dt366's.

If I can get this one working, I plan to get about half a dozen more and scatter them thru my house.

The dt366's have everything I am looking for. One for the kitchen to have a barcode scanner, they all have bluetooth, so I can use presence detection. Wifi and touchscreen. I think these will do nicely.
caomhim

Re: MisterHouse

Post by caomhim »

Hello Thom

I am a newbie to this forum ( just got my webdt366 off ebay). Interested to know how you got puppy linux to work with your webdt366 ( as I am an ardent fan of puppylinux). Do you have any notes or can you give details. How did you get the touch screen to work? can you advise? I would welcome any assistance. Thanks C@omhim