Framework 2.0 in XP

If you are running Windows on your WebDT366 this is for you.
EUT

Framework 2.0 in XP

Post by EUT »

Hello!

I have sucsessfully installed XP with help from Iglesias, thanks again!

But i`m going to run a software that in the install session says that it optionally runs with framework, and then sugests to install framework 2.0.
If i don`t the install the framework it fails to register some components and i end up with error 1935 first, if i ignore this one i get error 2908 and the installer is prefroming a rollback action.

Suggestions for solutions ? I have only 60-70MB left on the primary HDD, and the framework 2.0 installer needs almost 300 i belive.

Best Regards Eivind, Norway
Last edited by EUT on Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
mike66

Re: Framework 2.0 in XP

Post by mike66 »

does the software have to install to the boot drive?

I got a 8GB Compact flash card, I installed a few things I wanted there.  Unfortunately, a couple things I would like to have will only install to the boot drive, and since there is less than 100meg left there I am out of luck.
EUT

Post by EUT »

The software can be installed on CF card, but framework need to be on system folder.
But i don't Even know if i need framework since the installer says it's optionally.
Might be something else causing the errors ?
EUT

Post by EUT »

It`s software for logging pressure from a transmitter connected via USB.

The software can even be run in Win98 it says on the disk.
Got to be a way to get this work without framework 2.0 ??
joserpaq

Post by joserpaq »

This is the same issue that I've run into with my unit. I bought it with xp installed and it runs decent but I want to use it for a home automation application and that application require .net to run. The .net install requires 240K free to install and I can't get xp running with more that 140k free so I can't install .net. I tried installing from CF and USB but it will only install to the c:\ drive and from what I've read around the net there is no way to do it.
joserpaq

Post by joserpaq »

I found an micro xp image on the web that only takes about 88meg when installed so I'm thinking that this might leave enough space to install .net 2.0 frameworks. Does anyone have any recommendations on the easiest way to install an xp iso from a usb thumb drive.