Slax is running 6.1.2

For running linux on a DT368 / Atigo T
tt300zrcr

Slax is running 6.1.2

Post by tt300zrcr »

I got slax running pretty strong on the dt368 now still not 100% with the penmount but the Slackware taiwan driver i found is working quite well.

The only issue i am having is the front keys right now to set them up properly but i am sure to figure out something.

I can boot up either from CF or from Flash 1gb internal
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Slax is running 6.1.2

Post by quotaholic »

Thats a lot farther than we ever got on the DT366 with slax. Great work! Do you know what kernel you are running in slax? only at version 2.6.29 did slackware start using the acpi atlas button kernel module. If slax is still using 2.6.27 kernel the challenge is to patch the kernel with this module and get a kernel event taking place for button presses. xev is the program I have used to associate keys or applications to these events.

Can you post a how to or how you did on booting from the CF card?

quotaholic
tt300zrcr

Post by tt300zrcr »

ill post here hin little while with details i also just tried installing Windows for legacy systems since my msdn included that seems to be just as good as embedded with 651mb usage. dt368 i have is 1gb internal i have 4gb kingston cf card as external that boots the linux i put on it. i am gonna redo puppy tommorow again and see how far i come at work but till then
tt300zrcr

Post by tt300zrcr »

this is what i did to get it boot from CF in my options under f2 i had removable storage

i set that as the boot option

installed CF as fixed drive and partioned using Fdsik -l first to list what i had it showed both drives.

i then formated the drive in fat32 and then copied over the slax install ran the self install bat as quick install same for USB and then copied over my xorg conf from my other machine and walla it started working booting from the cf and i created my swap to the c: drive
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by quotaholic »

any chance i can ask you for a copy of your xorg.conf file? have been playing with a dt366 xorg file and trying to make it work in the 368 for a while now. no luck on the siliconmotion card as of yet.

thanks in advance
quotaholic