microxp setup

This board os for running windows on a DT360
Taltos

microxp setup

Post by Taltos »

well put microxp on my dt360
runs pretty quick had issues with the install initially, lots of errors, complaints of needing cds turned out it was the power to the usb hub couldnt handle everything usb cd drives use a lot of juice. eliminated the mouse and got a larger current power supply and issues went away(i wonder if putting microxp on a stick then installing from a stick might have less power issues).
Used the drivers from this post thank you very handy.
forum/viewtopic.php?t=4
It took me a long time to figure out pci to cardbus driver. found the hardware matched TI cardbus controller TI pci1520 I used this HP driver (google sp29788)
The setup didnt work so I had to install using the .inf in the ME folder after extraction and get pcmcia.sys of a xp cd. it then installed and found my cf card.
i Still have some hardware not installed the vt 6655_minipci driver doesnt see the card, my system sees it as (vnt usb_802.11 Wireless Lan Adapter) the vender id is via and i tried the newer vt 6655 driver of the via site still no go. says no proper NIC when trying to install.
the other unkown was the bluetooth as a usb device havnt tried to get that up yet. And one more as an acpi device I have no idea what that one is. though my computer folder seems to try to add a unavaible drive once in a while??
but buttons work screen adjust video drivers installed ybook no problem
354 mg used on flash.
Last edited by quotaholic on Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taltos

Re: microxp setup

Post by Taltos »

I installed this driver, I had to join the forum mind you but it reconized the wireless card and installed dont have a wireless network to test yet just moved into our new place only have dial up as of yet.
http://www.techsupportforum.com/hardwar ... apter.html
i had to extract right from cab files u get to see the .inf then. might be enough info in there to run ndiswrapper for linux havnt tryed linux on it yet though going to wait untill highspeed..lol
Taltos

Post by Taltos »

Found the proper driver for my wifi off the via site.. instead of the vt6655 driver mine uses the vt6656 driver.
DyncNene73

microxp setup

Post by DyncNene73 »

Is it possible to setup up the VNC server correctly and then somehow connect to it using Windows XP Home Ed Remote Desktop Connection software or is UltraVNC Viewer required to connect to a host?

PS: Do you like the use of my
cgrape2

Post by cgrape2 »

Hello to ALL!I am a relative newbee to all of this ,but I aquired a 360 and was really excited to look at it's abilities.
First I installed WinXP "Super Lighted" which took up less space than MicroXP did.Thanks to the forum,I got the drivers for most everything else.
Sadly I have yet to get the Touch Screen to work.PenMount is installed,but which driver to use?5000,6000 or 9000?
9000 is the only one I've gotten to show up in the PenMount control panel.But,still no Touch Screen.
I'm stuck,what have I forgotten?
cgrape2
plane_crazy

Post by plane_crazy »

Can't seem to locate the ISO you're talking about on "the bay".

Can you point the way? The exact file name perhaps?

Bruce
Last edited by plane_crazy on Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
plane_crazy
cgrape2

Post by cgrape2 »

It's an ISO named "WinXP_Pro_SuperLited",version 1 (The aforementioned ISO)is in English.I'm trying the 2nd release as I type this.It's in Brazilian Portugese,so until I get to the "Region"setting,it's High School Latin 1,all over again.(LOL)
cgrape2
Last edited by cgrape2 on Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plane_crazy

Post by plane_crazy »

Found it thanks,

Bruce
plane_crazy
cgrape2

Re: XP SuperLited V.2 setup

Post by cgrape2 »

Amazingly easy to setup and configure.(Even tho it's in Portugese)The PenMount install worked perfectly on the first try.Now to change Languages....The English files seem to be missing.There in my Official XP OS somewhere.
The only questionmark left in the System window id a driver for "ACPI\DTHIDBTN0\2&DABA3FF&0" anyone have an idea what that might be?
Thanks!
cgrape2
plane_crazy

Post by plane_crazy »

I think that's for the button agent.

Bruce
plane_crazy
cgrape2

Re: microxp setup\Super Lighted

Post by cgrape2 »

It keeps wanting to install a Gigabit Ethernet Driver...That can't be right.The Button Agent didn't seem to work.No luck with changing the Language to English,darn,it worked really well too.It's back to Micro I guess.
cgrape2
Adussy

microxp setup

Post by Adussy »

Nope - and never really had the need for it.  If you cant find it - post your questions here, someone will help.
Too lazy to set a custom title hedonism 2 
cgrape2

Post by cgrape2 »

Well,after a Lot of driver hunting,MicroXP is fully functional.It uses about 340mb.I tried several builds and ver.0.83 is the one that works the best.
I guess the next step is some extensive testing.First,is to get the Bluetooth running.It seems to like the Wacom ver.5 driver best.
cgrape2
cgrape2

Post by cgrape2 »

Now the next step is to find a Linux build that will work....
Any ideas,anybody?
cgrape2
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by quotaholic »

That debian image I made for the DT360 should work well. Zero errors however there is a Texas Instruments 1520 cardbus adapter that the wifi card plugs in to on mine that I cant get any device communication past. As a result I used blueman bluetooth manager:

http://www.blueman-project.org/

To tether networking to. Meaning that one has to fire up bluetooth and use another device to feed ip over bluetooth in to the DT360 in order to get on the network. Its actually pretty quick. I have not tested PDA net yet but I have tested on a local computer running blueman with a usb dongle

Bluetooth works great, touchscreen and buttons work and I put the opera browser on it because it started the fastest. Half the time it took to get firefox up and going. Got the geode video driver working so in theory it would only take ssh or rdesktop packages to get a DT controlling another computer.

This all fits on a 512mb flash rom.

Other than this option it is reported that the LinuxMXE Orbitor image will work on a DT360 as well as the 366.