will windows ce 5 be able to use

If you are running Windows on your WebDT366 this is for you.
serialjoepsycho

will windows ce 5 be able to use

Post by serialjoepsycho »

programs available for windows mobile 5? I just ordered one and I was thinking since it had this tiny processor and little ram I am going to have to be creative to make it be faster. If you can install the same progs that you can on windows mobile then skyfire would be an ok browser to to use since it uses few of your resources while still being a full featured browser.
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Re: will windows ce 5 be able to use

Post by quotaholic »

As long as those winmobile5 apps are cross compiled to run on x86 cpu's then yes. The dt does not have an arm cpu which is what winmobile is designed to run on. One person here found a version of TPCMP that ran on ce5. That and the other software in the ce5 apps post represent the combined searches of all windows minded users here. Opera is not bad on these. If you upgrade your hard drive (internal flash) you can see 8x performance increase in read times on the drive. Makes some things go faster. That and a g card helped me see near twice the performance I was getting on stock drive and stock air card. I run linux though so it may be worth doing some homework on the win side. CE5 on these is LIMITED as it was designed for only these DT's. Bear in mind CE is made in a "windows studio environment" and tuned to the hardware. They didnt put much in to the version you are getting. Depending on your intended use it may be worth looking at a different platform or operating system.