DT366 vs DT368 comparisons

The Collective will serve as a tips and tricks area. Information here will be contributed only by moderators and will hopefully act as a reference point. If you have information that should be in here please let us know
jm98

DT366 vs DT368 comparisons

Post by jm98 »

I have both units purchased used from fleebay.

- Both units are physically same except Up/Down scroll buttons
- Both units have 256Mb RAM

- DT366 has bluetooth is big plus
- DT366 512MB disk is hugh limitation as everyone on this forum knows

- DT368 has 4GB disk configuration is big plus
- DT368 only has IRDA not bluetooth which is useless for my GPS application
- DT368 can take 16GB Kingston CF card as D: drive (shows 15.xGB)
- DT368 has pre-production phoenix bios 2004 version has issues with ACPI as per XP system event viewer (button agent driver won't install), I also confirmed this with free phoenix bios scan utility.
jm98

Re: DT366 vs DT369 comparisons

Post by jm98 »

Sorry typo DT368 should read DT369.
rectic

Re: DT366 vs DT368 comparisons

Post by rectic »

Internal flash can be upgraded, just expensive. Not sure on the 369 (as I never heard of it), but if it's like the 366, it is likely the same flash, so you could swap them.

What's the processor type/speed? The 368 was the Transmeta Cursoe 1GHz.
jm98

Post by jm98 »

DT369 appears to be same spec as DT368.  It has Transmeta 1GHz CPU.
jm98

Post by jm98 »

rectic wrote: Internal flash can be upgraded, just expensive. Not sure on the 369 (as I never heard of it), but if it's like the 366, it is likely the same flash, so you could swap them.

What's the processor type/speed? The 368 was the Transmeta Cursoe 1GHz.
Attachments
dt369-back.jpg
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by quotaholic »

Does the 369 run usb2.0? Boy I would like to get my hands on one of these!!! 500mb is not as much of a limitation depending on your application. All in all I spent 20 percent more on my 1gb chip than I did on my cf card. Considering the functionality and how many more applications one realizes I think its well worth it.

Linus Torvalds, the inventor of linux, used to work for transmeta before m-soft bought them. Cant help but think .....

quotaholic
jm98

Post by jm98 »

I got my DT369 mounted in my car for last week or so. I will check to see if USB shows as "Enhanced USB port".  You can find this on flee-bay around $200.
rectic

Post by rectic »

quotaholic wrote: Does the 369 run usb2.0? Boy I would like to get my hands on one of these!!! 500mb is not as much of a limitation depending on your application. All in all I spent 20 percent more on my 1gb chip than I did on my cf card. Considering the functionality and how many more applications one realizes I think its well worth it.

Linus Torvalds, the inventor of linux, used to work for transmeta before m-soft bought them. Cant help but think .....

quotaholic
There was a Linux build for the 368... I don't think it fully functioned, but I know it existed.
rectic

Post by rectic »

Talked to someone today and found up the 369 is actually the 368 with the highbright display. It drains the battery quicker as it has an extra inverter in there for a bright backlight.
manko

Post by manko »

Hi,
im looking into bying a Webdt 368.

I tremember reading about some bios trouble and some features not working. Do i remember corectly?

and does it have an efect on your user experience

My needs is a perfectly working touchscreen in XP, wireless network and .net 2 installed.  And the HW buttons to work.  And no battery handleing problems :)

Thanks
rectic

Post by rectic »

manko wrote: Hi,
im looking into bying a Webdt 368.

I tremember reading about some bios trouble and some features not working. Do i remember corectly?

and does it have an efect on your user experience

My needs is a perfectly working touchscreen in XP, wireless network and .net 2 installed.  And the HW buttons to work.  And no battery handleing problems :)

Thanks
The 368 is actually older than the 366. I have one (Atigo T/HB model) and it functioned fine. Getting updates is the only issue, as you have to find a place willing to help. I lent this to someone awhile back, just haven't felt like picking it up. It had a 4GB flash chip in it and worked great.

You could get a 366 and buy yourself a functioning XPe flash chip, which is what I did. You can put .net 2.0 on it as well.

Battery issues, meaning battery does not work, or issues with it? The biggest thing is most on the market are used. You could try to find a replacement battery, just pricey..
manko

Post by manko »

Thanks!
So no real issues with XP then. Not even the button manager?

i made a xpe to my 366. I even added the .net  2 component to the package,  but i had serious problems with my cisco 350 wifi.  So i couldn test the applicaqtion wich reqired .net 2 to the fully. Another problem is the evaluation copy and i since im norwegian the xpe chipping is quit expensice and dificult to do.  And time consuming.
Unless there is a chip i can order and get shipped to norway and change my self.

After some testing i suspect  the wifi trouble its an hardware issue, so i orderd a  3com xjack 11b on ebay that i hope is coming the next  week.  Nice antenna on that one.  If that works,  im probably ok with my 366.

My intention with the webdt is to use it with home automation, Homeseer Touch. If i could get a 368 with 2gb or 4 gb flash i  could install a speaker client (80 mb) as well and the web dt could anounce incomming calls, and other stuff as well. andl with the transmeta cpu i might watch some youtube on it also.

So even if i get my 366 to work, am inrested in the 368. 
rectic

Post by rectic »

manko wrote: Thanks!
So no real issues with XP then. Not even the button manager?

i made a xpe to my 366. I even added the .net  2 component to the package,  but i had serious problems with my cisco 350 wifi.  So i couldn test the applicaqtion wich reqired .net 2 to the fully. Another problem is the evaluation copy and i since im norwegian the xpe chipping is quit expensice and dificult to do.  And time consuming.
Unless there is a chip i can order and get shipped to norway and change my self.

After some testing i suspect  the wifi trouble its an hardware issue, so i orderd a  3com xjack 11b on ebay that i hope is coming the next  week.  Nice antenna on that one.  If that works,  im probably ok with my 366.

My intention with the webdt is to use it with home automation, Homeseer Touch. If i could get a 368 with 2gb or 4 gb flash i  could install a speaker client (80 mb) as well and the web dt could anounce incomming calls, and other stuff as well. andl with the transmeta cpu i might watch some youtube on it also.

So even if i get my 366 to work, am inrested in the 368. 
Keep watching eBay for 368's. I've seen them on there, but it's only been a few times.

You can buy a chip from a reseller with a license most likely. I'm in the US, as is the reseller I purchased from. I bet they ship international, but the cost is probably killer, as I know that most companies will only use FedEx/UPS/DHL for international shipping.

The flash chip for the 366/368 are the same. You just need the correct OS image to make it work.

As for the button manager, if you can get the software, it will work. I bought my chip and license at the same time and had the reseller install the OS for me, specifically for the 366. They then shipped both out to me and I installed it myself.

If you want their contact info, you can PM me and I can give it to you. I paid $150 shipped for my 1GB, but that was US shipping, so international is probably a bit more (4GB was $210 shipped to me).
manko

Post by manko »

Hi,
again, thanks for the info. After a search i found your man :)

So im gonna stick with my 366 for now, as i guess my problem will be solved now. I might even order another 366 tonight on the bay :)
jm98

Post by jm98 »

rectic,  would it be possible to use DT369 4GB module in DT366?  I need built in bluetooth as DT368/9 does not have built in bluetooth and USB bluetooth having problem with hibernating.