Wireless Warrior

If you have a posted video online or a website that shows how you are using your WebDT, by all means, please show it off! WebDT reserves the right to remove content that is not in line with the goas of webdt.org or videos that are not in good taste.
Foxx
Administrator
Administrator

Wireless Warrior

Post by Foxx »

Many of my friends call me the 'Wireless Warrior' because of all the funky crap I do with radio and other wireless technologies. From scanning for wifi and bluetooth, to intercepting data over RF channels, and even some nifty Ham Radio Stuff.

I have an inexpensive Atheros 5x00 802.11 a/b/g PCMCIA card hooked up and good ol' netsumbler installed. I even have a USB GPS going so I can do logging. Its an O.K. setup, but the DT will choke out and stutter a bit when I have 80+ APs being tracked at once. Aruba Networks' Blue Scanner helps me look for bluetooth, and I have some apps used for decoding data off of a radio scanner.

Slow Scan TV is a way of encoding digital images and transmitting them over an RF carrier, commonly on ham radio. You can use FRS or GMRS as well if you arent a ham, but the range wont be as far, of course. The WebDT does a damn good job at this, and makes a great durable handheld device for the task. Its durability makes it very good for aggressive field use. Battery life could be better, but I think we all have that issue.

I posted download links of the software I use int he Windows thread of the forums: forum/viewtopic.php?t=5

I also have a WiSpy 2.4Ghz Spectrum Analyzer but it doesnt run all too great under linux or XP:
Last edited by Foxx on Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hacking is not a crime, It's a passion - www.BSoDtv.org
If you need someone to IDE mod your DT366 toss me a PM.