WebDT with some neat WinCE apps

If you have a posted video online or a website that shows how you are using your WebDT, by all means, please show it off! WebDT reserves the right to remove content that is not in line with the goas of webdt.org or videos that are not in good taste.
Fleegman
Developer
Developer

WebDT with some neat WinCE apps

Post by Fleegman »

Here's a YouTube video of my WebDT running the included WinCE 5.0.  I was able to find some very useful CE apps that actually work on it.  Once I get NimbleX on it, I'll post a new video.

The link below will force the YouTube video to play in HD mode, so enjoy!

http://lix.in/-3f75b5
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Re: WebDT with some neat WinCE apps

Post by quotaholic »

Thats awesome! Where did you find those? All I could find were links to places that said they had CE apps but they really only had smartphone apps.

Seriously seeing that full screen video inspired me to build a front end to mythtv. Dont know if it works but I just posted it. Thank you for sharing that! Can I ask what the video was encoded at?

quotaholic
Fleegman
Developer
Developer

Post by Fleegman »

What I did was I ripped my own DVD onto my system, and then I re-encoded the DVD into a suitable format for playback on the WebDT running WinCE.

I've done dozens of encoding, and below is the absolute best encoding method for the WebDT on CE:

WMV8 for Broadband (PAL 700 Kbps)

352x288, 636 Kbits/sec, 30 Frames/sec

WMA 16 bit Stereo, 44.1 kHz

If you encode using those settings, you'll get that smooth playback that you saw in the video, and it looks even better in real life.
Fleegman
Developer
Developer

Post by Fleegman »

All those nice apps that you've seen me running on my WebDT366 from the YouTube video are now available for download in a quick and convenient spot.  I've uploaded them all to my filesharing account.

You can find the link to those files here:
forum/viewtopic.php?t=1
serialjoepsycho

Post by serialjoepsycho »

quotaholic wrote: Thats awesome! Where did you find those? All I could find were links to places that said they had CE apps but they really only had smartphone apps.

Seriously seeing that full screen video inspired me to build a front end to mythtv. Dont know if it works but I just posted it. Thank you for sharing that! Can I ask what the video was encoded at?

quotaholic
do the smart phone apps work?