Can you folks direct a newbie?

Owners are encouraged to post here as well as suppliers. If you had either a good or bad experience in purchasing yours let others know. If you are selling WebDT's or selling parts and or accessories please link to your stores and or auctions. WebDT reserves the right to edit or rmove dead links to ended auctions.
immortalsoule

Can you folks direct a newbie?

Post by immortalsoule »

Hi all,

I purchased a few of these little DT366 gems on ebay and then was lucky enough to get a couple of Windows XP embedded buys. What i need is a clear "I know you're not stupid but this is how you do it" FAQ on how to install XP on these things?

I'm sure there are some posts but there has to be a "Best" one that gives the best instructions. Could someone be kind and drop me a link where i could get it going?

My thanks.
Foxx
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Can you folks direct a newbie?

Post by Foxx »

There isnt one yet. Keyword... YET.

If you have a stock WebDT 366 with 512MB FlashROM, XP wont fit. If you do manage to slim it down, it wont run all too well without major optimizations. Even still with a 400Mhz Geode GX CPU and 256MB of RAM, its not ideal for XP.
Hacking is not a crime, It's a passion - www.BSoDtv.org
If you need someone to IDE mod your DT366 toss me a PM.
angrymeat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by angrymeat »

if you have units with xpembeded already on them just use the ghost method  in the faq and clone those and copy their image to your non xpe units. As for xp pro you can cut it  down to work but its a pain and it doesnt work well on these. I also have a walkthrough for how to make your own xp embedded image under the windows section . You best bet is to clone your units with xpe and put those images on your non xpe unit.
plane_crazy

Post by plane_crazy »

Angrymeat,

Does XP embedded run decently on these or is it sluggish too?

Bruce
plane_crazy
cgrape2

Post by cgrape2 »

XP Embedded does work OK on the 512DOMs.I have Ghost Images.
cgrape2
DB

Post by DB »

Can you share a ghost?