Addition of a calendar

This site was created for webdt owners to converge, share and talk about their webdt's
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Addition of a calendar

Post by quotaholic »

We added a calendar last night. My concern was that we are posting a lot of information that could be relative in a few different categories. As it may be too early to group these categories I thought a calendar. with events, would offer a new visitor a timeline to look at to see our progress and what's available here.

Of course this is dependent on people using the calendar to log important events. I am hopeful that this makes sense and tat people are inclined to use it if not for the bragging rights but for making the information easy to access. Besides its one more loop of links for google to follow and index.

At times when I am searching for some "needle in a haystack" piece of information I get excited to see the topic I am looking for inside of a google link description. However I get disappointed when I follow the link and its a page I can scroll for a mile and its full of forum posts. I want to avoid offering that feeling to visitors, a calendar looked like a decent tool for doing so.

I would appreciate comments and opinions on the calendar. If its not too popular we will take it down.

quotaholic