Site update

This site was created for webdt owners to converge, share and talk about their webdt's
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Site update

Post by quotaholic »

Hi everyone. At 2:30pm mountain time Sunday 1/31/10 I performed a massive upgrade to the forum. The site runs on a Simple Machines Forum forum. They have had some version differences come along in the last 6 months that took away our chat room. Most of their development has been in the direction of version 2.0 and only security fixes have been going in to 1.x.x.

In an effort to get our chat room back I just installed version 2.0 release candidate.

Like any upgrade it did not go through without some minor glitches. Please bear with me as I work to restore some of the basic images and formatting that we are used to. Once I have this place looking like it should I will work upon getting a web interface to our IRC chat room back in to place.

Thank you in advance for your patience
quotaholic
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Site update

Post by quotaholic »

One major glitch fixed.

An aspiring member let me know that the captcha was not showing up as visible on our registration page. Many thanks go to this person. They followed the link to my less than active blog and posted a comment there explaining the problem. Got it during the day today and I am happy to report that the problem has now been addressed.

quotaholic
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Site update

Post by quotaholic »

Turns out that windows users need to do some refreshing of the agreement page during registration in order to see the "Register" button on the bottom. After many posts on the SMF forums I have a very knowledgeable person helping me through this. Hopefully functionality will be fully restored soon. Thank you for your patience

quotaholic