Thank you for visiting!

This site was created for webdt owners to converge, share and talk about their webdt's
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Thank you for visiting!

Post by quotaholic »

Hello,

My name is Daryl. I go by the handle quotaholic here. I started this site because of a dream I had back in 2002. I had just started a new job with a home theater and home automation contractor when they dropped me off at a home that was enormous. It was over 28,000 square feet. Loaded with amazing automation and unreal gadgets. One of the control devices for much of the automation was a wifi touch panel. It was the WebDT.

It was a once in a lifetime opportunity. Dream come true for any geek. One of the boxes I opened was one of these WebDT366 units but, it had a different name in it then. It was being used as a portable controller for the home automation system in thin client form. It was the gui front end for Crestrons home automation computers in the basement where all the nuts and bolts of the home were.

Now at the same time I am working there I sign up for a Cisco CCNA class so I can better understand what I am working with daily. I also was about two weeks in to my first linux experience. At that point I was very much a linux fan boy. Of course one glance at the WebDT then and I had the dream of putting linux on one.

Well, once I saw these units popping up on Ebay I had to get one. I started to have my dream again and I knew I wanted to help others to do the same thing I was doing with linux. I'm one of these people who gets satisfaction in life by helping others. So I started webdt.org with the goals of being able to provide new and existing owners of the webdt a great deal of information in one location about their WebDT and what they can do with it. I hope this site works out to be a good community resource. Thank you to all who have posted here and thank you to those who will.

As this is a community project I am interested in providing what it is that you are looking for. Please do not hesitate to leave your tips, feedback or suggestions here so that I can try to make webdt.org better.

Thank you.
Daryl
aka - quotaholic
Last edited by quotaholic on Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cyberlink

Re: Thank you for visiting!

Post by cyberlink »

:) Verry happy i found this forum, i have some Atigo T here and was almost giving up to get things working.

With the information found here i hope to get them working !

Great work quotaholic !
lgharriman

Re: Thank you for visiting!

Post by lgharriman »

Thank you for creating this wonderful forum for the WebDT products.
I just purchased a WebDT 366 from eBay.  I have it on its way.  I found this web page from Google, and glad I did.  I plan on installing Puppy Linux on the system.  All my other boxes have Linux on them as well.  I have printed out some info to help me get the job done.  I'm sure you guys here will be able to help me if I run into any snags.  I guess Linux can be installed on about anything.  I plan on installing the Netgear WG511V2 pcmcia card for the wireless.  I already have it working on old laptop with Puppy Linux.

If anyone needs the drivers for it me know and I'll send them to you.  The WiFi card uses the Win98 files from the original install CD with Ndiswrapper to install them.

Have a great day.
Larry Harriman  :) :) :)
Last edited by lgharriman on Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.