New Forum

This site was created for webdt owners to converge, share and talk about their webdt's
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

New Forum

Post by quotaholic »

Hi All,

In an act of prevention I have converted the forum over to a phpBB based forum. The mods were getting overwhelmed with spam. phpBB provides better tools to fight that as well as hopefully integrate chat in to the site. For now please forgive our appearance as we experiment with styles and icons and such. Need to convert some images over to looking like a DT community. Please let me know of any problems you run in to.

Okay. Its starting to look like a DT forum around here. Pretty happy with things so far so aside from any huge complaints welcome to the the new WebDT.org! Chat integration to come.

Thanks
quotahlic
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New Forum

Post by quotaholic »

Thanks to those who pm'd me on a lack of post new topic and reply buttons. Had a few permission issues to straighten out that manifested during the conversion over to the current phpbb forum. Groups are handled differently in phpbb opposed to SMF. 1600 or so permissions did not import properly making the majority of users here unable to do much except read. My apologies. Hopefully it is all straightened out now. Please email me at webdt@webdt.org or pm me if you are experiencing problems.

I tried to mod on the chat integration I mentioned however I had to restore the forum from backup I screwed it up pretty bad. I will try again possibly on Sunday.

Thanks to everyone
quotaholic
damwashere

Post by damwashere »

Thanks for all your hard work. Posting seems to work now.
plane_crazy

Post by plane_crazy »

New forum looks awesome 8)

Thanks for the hours spent working it out.