WebDT.org Chat room

This site was created for webdt owners to converge, share and talk about their webdt's
angrymeat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

WebDT.org Chat room

Post by angrymeat »

We have a chatroom setup on irc.freenode.net  named webdt come join us and talk about your DT .
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Re: WebDT.org Chat room

Post by quotaholic »

At the moment the chat room seems to be down. we apologize and hope to have this matter straightened out soon.

quotaholic
volkswagner
Administrator
Administrator

Post by volkswagner »

Yeah, it says invite only.  Nothing is ever easy.....
Nothing is ever easy, but if it is difficult you must be doing it wrong.
My Wife's invention Doll Carrier
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by quotaholic »

Ok chat has been restored as of this morning on IRC.

As of April 5th we have a integrated a chat room in to www.webdt.org that will give you access to instant help

http://webdt.org/index.php?action=chat

Feel free to join us in chat if you have any questions. This is your fastest option to get help. Please be advised that some of us use chat clients here at webdt.org and we may not use the sites chat room to "stay connected". As a result you may look at members that are online and not see too many. If you were to visit the chatroom however, there could be many people signed in.

Feel free to join us with your chat clients. We are on freenode in #webdt

quotaholic
Last edited by quotaholic on Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
sehguhekaj

Post by sehguhekaj »

I have tried to get into the chat room and it continues to say that i was terminated ....  thanks for the website  btw very informative ..
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by quotaholic »

Thanks for the heads up. Looking in to it today.

Yup Mibbit is broken. Took link down until I can find another chat solution. For the time being feel free to use an irc client like pidgin, xchat, or the likes to talk with us on irc.freenode.net in #webdt
Last edited by quotaholic on Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by quotaholic »

This forum is an smf forum with a style applied. As it was installed from my isp's hosting portal, aka cpanel, it is quite broken.
New post icons being linked in the wrong place was the first clue I had to this. The site is about 11 dynamic pages (mostly in php) that all collect to make one interface.

Last week the chat room became broken. SMF "current" is on version 1.19 and this forum is running on version 1.18. On both 1.18 and 1.19 there are two possibilities for linking your irc chat channel to ones forum. PJRC and Mibbit. PJIRC is java based and I want to avoid it as it ill not run well on a DT. Mibbit used to work until very recently.

Until SMF updates to version 2.0 as current I have no other choices for chat integration. As a result webdt.org will not have a chat link active until version 2.0 is released. Our chat room is still very accessible via an irc client like xchat or pidgin. Simply connect to irc.freenode.net and join #webdt.

My apologies to anyone wanting 800x600 support. Web design used to be fun for me. Today I would rather wrestle with a DT than look at php code for hours on end. Not saying I would stop anyone who wanted to take a crack at making a 800x600 version of the site and a redirector. Just that I have a number of items that take higher priority in front of me right now.

quotaholic

some people. When automobiles came along, so many people refused to give up their horse and carriage... not just those who were so adapted to that life style of hardship, but especially those who lost their jobs for cleaning up the streets.
BoydBooker

Post by BoydBooker »

thanks for the website btw very informative
Strong magic is coming in Merlin Season 5 DVD again and you will be attracted by the brand-new screen!