MicroXP doesn't want to install

If you are running Windows on your WebDT366 this is for you.
ert01

MicroXP doesn't want to install

Post by ert01 »

Hi everyone! I have been browsing the forums for a long time now while waiting for my WebDT366 to arrive but this is my first post...

I bought my WebDT366 from tbowland on the forums and it came with the Ambia logo on the top corner... It boots fine into the Ambia OS but I obviously can't do anything with that so I want to install Micro XP somehow.

I can get to the BIOS and set it to boot from USB Flash Drive. I used Novicorp Wintousb to make a bootable flashdrive version of MicroXP 0.82

It shows me the option of a text install or a GUI install and it starts Setup but both versions eventually crash and give an error:

SESSION3_INITIALIZATION_FAILED
0x0000006f (0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Can anyone help me figure this out? Is it the way I made the USB boot drive or is it my version of Windows or something else altogether?

The other odd thing I noticed is that I have turned off every option other then USB FlashDrive... it shouldn't even try o boot from anything else but after I get this error, it boots ino the Ambia software.
Dave7341

Re: MicroXP doesn't want to install

Post by Dave7341 »

I have had limited success with WINTOUSB on the WEBDT as well as other computers.  Burn XP to a CD and install from a USB CD - you'll have no trouble.

Good luck, -Dave
ert01

Re: MicroXP doesn't want to install

Post by ert01 »

Hmmm k... I don't have a USB CD Drive but I can try to borrow one.
Do I need to re-format the drive somehow before attempting a Windows install?