Remote Desktop and Button Manager

If you are running Windows on your WebDT366 this is for you.
volkswagner
Administrator
Administrator

Remote Desktop and Button Manager

Post by volkswagner »

Both Windows XP and WinCE 5.0 don't seem to utilize the hardware buttons while in a remote desktop session.

This is where Linux wins.  I can get the buttons (D-pad) to scroll, move cursor, etc. on the remote machine.  In Windows, the D-pad does nothing for the RDP session.

Anyone here get this to work with Windows?  I don't see any settings for such.
Nothing is ever easy, but if it is difficult you must be doing it wrong.
My Wife's invention Doll Carrier
Dave7341

Re: Remote Desktop and Button Manager

Post by Dave7341 »

I don't know about CE but for XP you might want to try running a separate program that stuffs the keyboard buffer.  The button manager "emulates" the effect of pressing the direction keys but does not actually stuff the keyboard buffer - at least not where you need it.  Use can use the button manager to customize the keys to run an external keyboard stuffer program that stuffs the keyboard buffer with the direction key(s) you want.  I use NIRCMD to execute special functions with the button manager and it has key-pressed emulation but I'm not sure it will work for your application.  You could use this or another program to stuff the keyboard buffer where it appears to actually be a key pressed so the remote session operates the way you like.  If you can get a program to stuff the keyboard buffer before the hook to your remote program, it may work for you.  Lots of keyboard stuffer programs out there.

By the way, there are several versions of the btnagent, have you tried them all?  V2.0.0.2 and 2.0.0.3  (for the 366) will most likely work the same but v2.1.0.9 (for the 360) might work differently.  All versions work on all models but some features are machine specific like the video rotation and system utility.  Let me know in a private email if you a different version.

Good luck.  -Dave