Stereo Output

If you are running Windows on your WebDT366 this is for you.
raptor_demon

Stereo Output

Post by raptor_demon »

Hi Guys,

Just got my webdt366 from ebay.

I see this thing has a 2.5mm jack on the side and it works with my headset (1 speaker and 1 mic) but what i am really trying todo is get stereo out.

Is this possible? I have some 2.5mm to 3.5mm adaptors en route so i hope it will work.

Raptor
trmptplyr2368

Re: Stereo Output

Post by trmptplyr2368 »

hey,

i understand your desire completely. i got my dt366 two weeks ago. the output seems to only come out of the right channel when you use a 2.5-3.5mm converter. You could duplicate the mixed monophone sound to both channels though. If you find out how to get seperated stereo, please post your solution.

:) good luck
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by quotaholic »

Hello
I had this same thing on a pocket pc I used for movies with tcpmp media player. The adapter you buy needs to have at least three sections to the part that inserts in the dt. If you can only find mono (the section)  try a splitter for a headset. It will have four sections to include a microphone too. Or three at the minimum.

quotaholic
raptor_demon

Post by raptor_demon »

Hi,

I have both 3 pin and 2 pin 3.5mm adaptors and still nothing, starting to think i need to make a splitter to take out the mic channel

Raptor
Foxx
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Foxx »

Next time I am in my WebDT doing some hardware work I will try and test this jack for everyone.

Here is an idea... anyone know if its a 4 pin headphone jack, and not 3? Many PDAs, phones, even my handheld ham radio all use 4 pin headphone jacks.
Hacking is not a crime, It's a passion - www.BSoDtv.org
If you need someone to IDE mod your DT366 toss me a PM.
raptor_demon

Post by raptor_demon »

Sorry,

I'm an idiot, i mean iahve tried 3 pin (ground, Channel 2, Channel 1) and 4 pin (ground, Ch3,Ch2 Ch3)

there is also a switch on the inside of the DT labeded SW1 that when stiched make really weird white noise come out of the speakers.....

If it does use a 4 pin jack then i think the pinout is non standard

Raptor
Foxx
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Foxx »

Yeah we havent figured out what that switch does yet. I have a blind theory it is for the HDD2 master/slave setting.
Hacking is not a crime, It's a passion - www.BSoDtv.org
If you need someone to IDE mod your DT366 toss me a PM.
raptor_demon

Post by raptor_demon »

For the record i never made this work and gave up.