Windows XP install BSOD DT366-LX800

If you are running Windows on your WebDT366 this is for you.
cskenney

Windows XP install BSOD DT366-LX800

Post by cskenney »

I recently purchased one of the DT366-LX800 from tbowland.  I have tried to install a few different OSes with no luck.  I would really like to have XP loaded on here but so far no luck.

I use nLite to make a compact installation of Windows XP.  When I try and load the OS, I get to the point of Setup is starting Windows and then it will BSOD with
*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78F8524, )xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

From what I can tell I have a bad device driver (possibly).  I have seen other people identify this problem but I never saw how it was resolved.

Looking for a little guidance to keep me moving along.

FYI - I have the same error message with my nLite ISO and an ISO of microXP 0.82 & microXP 0.81.  On the ISO images from the web I verified the md5 sum for each download.
cskenney

Re: Windows XP install BSOD DT366-LX800

Post by cskenney »

Well, I have solved my own problem...

I had my CD-ROM plugged into a powered USB hub along with the keyboard and mouse.  It turns out that the CD-ROM has to be plugged directly into the DT366 or I get the error.  My next problem was how to connect the keyboard without a hub?  The devices sold by tbowland come with a dock that has 2 USB ports.  I plugged the keyboard into one of these ports and I was in business.

Hope this helps others if they run into the same problem.