Successful --> MagicJack on DT366 with XP embedded (with broken touch screen)

If you are running Windows on your WebDT366 this is for you.
sunnyvoip

Successful --> MagicJack on DT366 with XP embedded (with broken touch screen)

Post by sunnyvoip »

I got a DT366 with broken touch screen but has XP embedded pre-installed.  Since the touch screen is broken , I'm wondering what I can use it for for a few days. 

Here is what I did:

1.  I bought a new MagicJack for $30 on ebay and register an account with my laptop(since the touch screen of DT366 is broken, otherwise I think I can do it in DT366 as well);
2. Make sure the DT366 is running XP embedded and is connected to internet already;
3. Plug the MagicJack (with extension cable) into DT366 USB port. Wait 5 minutes when Magic Jack do the installation automatically.
4. Plug a phone into the rj-11 jack of MJ and make phone calls.

That's it.  I can use my phone to make unlimited phone calls across USA&Canada without touching the DT366.

Good thing for me is I can reuse this DT366 with broken touch screen as a dedicated low-power appliance which run Magic Jack.

If you have DT366 with XPe (or XP) running and you own a MagicJack in same time, give it a shot.
Last edited by sunnyvoip on Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
volkswagner
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Successful --> MagicJack on DT366 with XP embedded (with broken touch screen)

Post by volkswagner »

Are you using the Wireless B card?  How is the voice quality?
Nothing is ever easy, but if it is difficult you must be doing it wrong.
My Wife's invention Doll Carrier
sunnyvoip

Re: Successful --> MagicJack on DT366 with XP embedded (with broken touch screen)

Post by sunnyvoip »

Yes I used the original B wifi card. My DT366 is very close to my wireless router and the voice quality is excellent.  No difference compared with I plug  the MagicJack to my laptop (with wired connection).