experimental Operating system

If you are running Windows on your WebDT366 this is for you.
serialjoepsycho

experimental Operating system

Post by serialjoepsycho »

This is what I posted in the linux forum.

"2/os I think it's basically what's left of the e/os project. I haven't found alot of documentation
but the interest in the project is very user specific based around a small community (like most linux distributions are). Until the project gets abit further it's just going to be centered around a small community. I think the project aims at being a cross platform OS compatible with linux, unix, windows, beos, and dos. I think the penmount windows drivers might be compatible with it. I ran it on virtual box and it seemed fairly stable. I ran it from live cd as well and it seemed stable. It covered all the drivers on my desktop and I think it may cover all but the penmount on the dt. Here's the download. The website is in spanish (I think) but I used google to translate it. I assure you thought that the OS is in English.

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... annel%3Dfs "

I can't and won't verify that it will work on the dt. If you do not at all know what you are doing don't try this. You are going to have to format and set up an ext3 partition and set up a boot flag. Blah blah blah. Back up your current os before you try anything.
serialjoepsycho

Re: experimental Operating system

Post by serialjoepsycho »

refer to the linux forum if you are interested.