Penmount Driver Update / uninstall issue

If you are running Windows on your WebDT366 this is for you.
mike66

Penmount Driver Update / uninstall issue

Post by mike66 »

I cannot seem to control my screen brightness, so i decided to try a newer driver from penmount.  When I tried to install it it immediately said I must uninstall the older software & drivers, so I ran the penmount uninstall program already on my machine.  When it wanted to reboot, the machine locked up & I was forced to manually reboot it.  Now I cannot install the newer software as it thinks the older driver is still there, and it will not install the drivers that were on it because it thinks it is already there.  I cannot find any video drivers anywhere in the system hardware profiles, and i am unable to access any driver setup from the display panel.

Also, the touchscreen does not work as the software is not there, even though it seems to think it is.

Add/remove software or hardware doesnt have anything either.

Does anyone have any ideas?
serialjoepsycho

Re: Penmount Driver Update / uninstall issue

Post by serialjoepsycho »

Reinstall windows and go from there
mike66

Post by mike66 »

There is a file in the registry that I had to remove.

Unfortunately, the new driver doesn't work.  It says there is no penmount device installed.

I still can't figure out any way to adjust the screen brightness
serialjoepsycho

First off did you install Microxp? Second did you install all of the drives from the thread about MicroXP? The drives that were said to be for MicroXP? Not any xpe drivers or anything else like that but the ones on this site that basically said hey these drivers are for Microxp.

Do this. Completely reinstall MicroXp. Reformat the hard drive ro what ever just so long as its a fresh install. Install those drivers. Then stop come back online and ask clearly what you need help with.

Another thing. Those penmount drivers are for the touch screen.  They give you the mouse function. What is wrong with the screen brightness?
serialjoepsycho

Are you talking about how the screen doesn't fit the full window?
mike66

Post by mike66 »

like I said before, I was trying to find some way to adjust the screen brightness.  In CE this was done in the display properties tab in the control panel.  There is no such option under XP.

I assumed that since the screen is made by penmount, this function should be installed with the driver.  Evidently this is not the case.

Anyway, i figured it out, if you hold down the #3 button the 4 way switch will control the screen brightness.