DT366 WinCe Remote Desktop - does it work?

If you are running Windows on your WebDT366 this is for you.
bufflehead

DT366 WinCe Remote Desktop - does it work?

Post by bufflehead »

Hi:

I am just looking for a cheap hand-held to remote into a Windows XP box.  On the surface the DT366 seems to fit my needs, but before I buy can somebody tell me if the WinCE Remote Desktop client works 'out of the box'?

The WinXP box will be running a mapping program (SeaClear) that does not change its display much or very frequently.  How bad/good is the refresh performance?

I want to be able to set up an ad-hoc network between the DT366 and the WinXP box, does the DT366 WinCE support ad-hoc networking?

Thanks in advance,

Don
hardwarej

Re: DT366 WinCe Remote Desktop - does it work?

Post by hardwarej »

The winCE remote desktop connection do work out of the box and you can easily connect to your xp box. i use mine to connect all the time to my desktop computer

the refresh rate is good actually, i wouldnt recommend watching a video over remote desktop but for your application its more then enough

you can set up an adhoc network , to do so , you need to create an adhoc network on your xp box, then on your dt, you could connect to this network. i use an adhoc network to share files between my desktop and webdt.