MicroXP?

If you are running Windows on your WebDT366 this is for you.
braxx

Re: MicroXP?

Post by braxx »

Well, I got MicroXP to install. I used one of those external USB enclosures with a laptop cd drive in it. Then I powered it with 5v. I was able to boot to it and it took like 45min to install.
Anyway. I can't get any of the drivers to install correctly.
First I tried penmount. I tried 2 different penmount driver (.exe) that I found on here. First one installed but thru an error. Couldn't get touch screen to work. So then I tried a different penmount driver (.exe) that found on here. Seems to have installed fine but still no touch screen.

I tried a microsoft optical usb mouse but it needed an additional driver. I couldn't find a good driver so I don't have a working mouse.
It sucks navigating the Webdt without touch and no mouse.
I hate this. So difficult to work with this.
NateTheGreat555

Post by NateTheGreat555 »

Alright,

I haven't deviated away from this topic, as I have been in contact with trmptplyr with this whole thing.

What I am wondering, is if I can get that PM about the ghost file as well if anyone has figured it out. He and I are working on just about the same project. Course, with him being much smarter, he'll probably help me out quite a bit with the whole deal... :P

Thanks again for the great support!
trmptplyr2368

Post by trmptplyr2368 »

Just out of curiosity... I was able to ghost the image resu had but I had to do it using ghost32 after booting to mini xp in a hiren's disk.... And then after getting it ghosted it seemed to just hang with a static cursor after the blue splash screen on startup... What is the normal booting time for microxp? I let it go for a good half hour before I figured it wasn't going anywhere.... It was probably just a bad image transfer though... Or some issue about hiren's minixp....
NateTheGreat555

Also, another question.

One of the main problems when I try to install MicroXP from the USB flash drive is that I get the error
"The file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing. Status 18."

I guess I'd need to edit that file, but I'm not sure about how to go about doing that. Do I need to comment out certain files in that one file?

And for everyone who's gotten MicroXP working: Did you simply burn the image to a CD and run it from a USB CD hard drive via powered USB hub?

This may be simpler than I thought if I try a different method...
plane_crazy

Post by plane_crazy »

NateTheGreat555 wrote: Did you simply burn the image to a CD and run it from a USB CD hard drive via powered USB hub?

That's exactly how I did it with the exception that my CD drive doesn't like my powered hub. I used the power cable of the CD drive and plugged it to my laptop. Mine may be the exception but I had it install in like 20 minutes.

Bruce
plane_crazy
NateTheGreat555

Just as I suspected...
Trmptplyr may have had a bad CD, but I am currently installing it now.

Gotta say, these forums rock.

Now to find the right drivers...
Thanks again!