windows xp image

If you are running Windows on your WebDT366 this is for you.
t.tkaczyk

windows xp image

Post by t.tkaczyk »

hi

my company plans to use at least 50 webdt 366, in fact we are waiting for delicery now

i know that some users installed win xp on webdt 366, so please help!

i can't install xp - blue screens, lack of space due to 512 mb internal drive and others stupid problems....

if someone have xp installed with main drivers like touch screen & pcmcia, please send me some instructions or link to ghost image - i know that windows have to be legal, we must pay etc... - i don't plan to use outlawed software, we have licences and rights to use win xp software, the only problem is i can not install this soft....

i will be very grateful for your help

my company mail is tomasz[dot]tkaczyk[at]prestige4u[dot]pl - or place your answeres here, i'll be watching this topic
jdomingo

Re: windows xp image

Post by jdomingo »

Hi!

It's a very good idea have a stable images to burn ( xp, xpe, debian, imedia linux...) in same site in Internet.

I have a  dt366 and I only need a functional image of xp or xpe.

It's true that I can make it ( I have a license one Xp and one XPe) but i'm testing the dt366 for soaring purposes with Xcsoar software and I prefer use my time making XcSoar compatible with XPe.

Same url to download them?

Thanks in advance.
rectic

Post by rectic »

There are likely some out there, but do realize what you are asking for is illegal. May not be the smartest idea to post about it. Even if you have the license, it's technically illegal to post images to begin with.

Just a heads up, don't want to get anyone on this site in trouble.
ionbladez

Post by ionbladez »

Hey guys - Sorry to burst your bubble about the XPe image.

I was on the phone with Tim (after about 20 transfers from INDIA, idiots..), a microsoft employee for an hour today discussing the distribution of this image.
Had a lot of time to kill so here it goes:

We went over some critical points about this topic.

Some of the things discussed were:

Building an image.
Mounting/Converting to ISO/Burning
Storing of image - Obviously, as anyone may already know - You can keep it forever - Yes! The same image.
And, last but not least -
Distribution
That's right - It turns out - As long as we are not MAKING PROFIT - We are distributing something that is PRIVATELY DISTRIBUTABLE on an IN-DOMAIN basis.
As long as this image is NOT on a torrent site, p2p network, file sharing site; etc - We can share the TRIAL image with anyone we want privately - Not publicly (I.E; links - etc..)

Tim also pointed out - and I knew from a long time of downloading SHAREWARE - That since we ARE NOT PAYING FOR ANYTHING - We can DISTRIBUTE THIS TRIAL IMAGE WITH ONE ANOTHER.

But he also said: Be careful who you share it with. Someone MAY POST IT ON A SITE PUBLICLY, AND YOU COULD BE LIABLE FOR WHAT THEY HAVE DONE.

So, what I am trying to make clear is - It's a TRIAL VERSION - We can SHARE IT - Just not out in the open.

Got it guys?
ionbladez

Post by ionbladez »

Oops, forgot to MENTION a MAIN IMPORTANT ISSUE:

We are NOT ALLOWED TO DISTRIBUTE AS A COMPANY WIDE BASIS.
TRIAL VERSIONS ARE FOR PRIVATE USE ONLY AND CANNOT BE USED IN AN INDUSTRIAL SETTING.
Tim made that VERY, VERY CLEAR!
serialjoepsycho

Post by serialjoepsycho »

I think that if you want to do it legally you should contact microsoft. They can get you in the right direction and keep you legal.
If you want to do it legal then us giving you the image like so will be illegal.
jdomingo

Post by jdomingo »

Hi!

Thanks you for the answer.
I don't know this illegal rule ( I find an official/legal Microsoft images in the VmWare/Xen repositories).
I was just an idea. I don't want to apologize about doing any illegal... Of course  :o

No comment about this is in the F.A.Q.
May be a F.A.Q. about this legal question will be appropriate.

In any case , The doc are fine, the devices files are in the ftp's ... I begin the making-image process.

thanks
DyncNene73

windows xp image

Post by DyncNene73 »

Hellow all

i have windows 7 installed on my notebook,and i want to make an image to my system partition On Vista i have used Acronis True Image and it was very usfull. The problem is that on windows 7 i cant install Acronis because it has copatibily problems.

What other programs do you use to make image on windows 7?
saxoto

Post by saxoto »

can someone share image and tell how to install it?