Wireless settings not persistent

If you are running Windows on your WebDT366 this is for you.
rbrandel

Wireless settings not persistent

Post by rbrandel »

Hello, I've been lurking for some time.

I use the DT360 with my pool control software Pentair ScreenLogic for CE5.  The software I'm using works fine, and I really like how it's configured...

The challenge is that I have two wireless routers running - one for my pool control (requires being on it's own subnet xxx.xxx.2.1 and a specific SSID.  and the one for my normal home use (I'll get the multiple routers fixed over the next couple of weeks - changing out the pentair one with a wireless bridge) 

Here is the problem, I have two neighbors with wireless routers, and between the three additional routers and the Pentair one, even if I change the order, delete the extra ones from the preferred wireless screen, etc the DT still insists on picking one of the other wireless routers when I wake it up... I know I could keep it from going to sleep, but that is a battery and power issue.

Also, for this specific SSID, it always forgets the WEP access and key (defaulting to router issues key).

I know this is a WinCE Wireless issue but help... what am I missing.  Thanks in advance. Your assistance is appreciated.

Bob
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Wireless settings not persistent

Post by quotaholic »

I really dont know much about CE but routers are a different story.

My first thought would be to fillter the networks based on mac address. If you knew your neighbors well you could ask them to take the mac from your webdt and disallow that on thier network. At the same time if you gave that mac to your router as an allowed client that may steer the dt back to your network upon a wake.

A couple months ago I bought a wrt300n from newegg and put dd-wrt firmware on it. dd-wrt is impressive and brings features that are common to commercial class routers to a residential model. Apple airports also have some of the above mentioned abilities. dd-wrt has bridge and repeater capabilities. Last I shopped for a well featured bridge they were twice that of a router.
serialjoepsycho

Re: Wireless settings not persistent

Post by serialjoepsycho »

try to delete all of your neighbors from the prefered list pick the one you want and put it on there then shut it down and if all works out it'll save those settings. If not its back to the drawing board. there are a few settings you could change.