Rotate display/touchscreen

If you are running Windows on your WebDT366 this is for you.
TheFairlaner

Rotate display/touchscreen

Post by TheFairlaner »

Thanks to all of the people here, I have successfully installed MicroXP and drivers on my WebDT366 with 512mb flash.

Forgive me if this has been asked before and I didn't find the answer, but I would like to be able to rotate the display and touchscreen 90 degrees right (buttons on the left after rotation) as I think this device is practically made to be used in this configuration.

However,  I have been unsuccessful in accomplishing this. If anyone knows how to do it (or that it's not possible), I would appreciate your help.

Thanks!
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Rotate display/touchscreen

Post by quotaholic »

Its possible but I am a linux guy who does not touch windows so i can only offer this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivT29H4wq0w
TheFairlaner

Post by TheFairlaner »

Well, that at least shows that it's possible. Although I can't figure out how for the life of me.
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by quotaholic »

I copied this from the pdf file one gets by googling "webdt366"
Note: Buttons 2�10 may be re-programmed through a Button Agent utility.
Those buttons are accessing display properties in default configuration.

In the early days of this site a few of us were doing a lot of late nights staying connected via IRC chat. I do remember the button agent utility being a hot topic back then. By the looks of the video I linked someone made a custom interface that was a central configuration utility that accessed the agent plus the video display properties.

As these fall in to the category of proprietary software possibly you would have better luck politely placing a few strategic pm's opposed to making a request in a publicly visible venue.
serialjoepsycho

Post by serialjoepsycho »

there is a prog called iRotate for windows. it may work.
plane_crazy

Post by plane_crazy »

Tried it. It installs OK but it doesn't work.

Bruce
plane_crazy
serialjoepsycho

I wonder if the video card is compatible with screen rotation and if we need a special driver to go with the software. If i get a chance I will check the advance settings under display. I did hit ctrl, alt, left and nothing happened but I thought it may have been my virtual key board because hell ctrl alt delete don't work on it. anywho.
plane_crazy

Post by plane_crazy »

You gave me an idea. So I tried it with a USB keyboard attached and still no go.

Bruce
plane_crazy
serialjoepsycho

I think the specific driver may be missing. If it where possible to do this the way we got these toys set up you would fiond something in the control panel under display after clicking advanced options.

hmm One of these drivers is a ibm driver isn't it? The pcmia? Here is a shot in the dark for a driver that probably won't work.

nope.
Last edited by serialjoepsycho on Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plane_crazy

Post by plane_crazy »

DO NOT USE THIS DRIVER!!!!!!  It doesn't work and messes with your display settings. I am still trying to recover my settings. Oh well nothing ventured......

Bruce
plane_crazy
serialjoepsycho

Damn sorry.. I would have to personally say That this feature won't work with microxp. The easiest way to check I guess would be to add iRotate to a desktop that has a regular copy of xp. If crtl alt and down doesn't flip the screen upside down then somethings missing from microxp.
plane_crazy

Post by plane_crazy »

Good thing I made a ghost of the drive for things like this. 45 minutes and boom - right back where you were.

Bruce
plane_crazy
TheFairlaner

Post by TheFairlaner »

Thanks for all the responses to this. I've somewhat solved the problem by using SumatraPDF. That let's me rotate the pages under the view settings. It's imperfect but functional.

If I found out anything useful I'll post it here.
FireTime

Post by FireTime »

There is a program called pivot pro that I used on my super old laptop (converted into a book reader)

http://www.portrait.com/enu/index.html

It rotates the screen + mouse but I don't know how it will affect the touch screen input.

EDIT: just noticed the requirements, don't think it will work
Last edited by FireTime on Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.