Really frustrated here!! with battery issues!!!

If you are running Windows on your WebDT366 this is for you.
plane_crazy

Really frustrated here!! with battery issues!!!

Post by plane_crazy »

Does anyone running MicroXP have ANY issues with running their computer on the external battery? I have a brand new battery and the computer WILL NOT run on it!!!!!!!

I have tried several different BIOS settings and still no luck.

I am about to push the reset button but have no idea what this will do?

Bruce
plane_crazy
ynopum

Re: Really frustrated here!! with battery issues!!!

Post by ynopum »

The reset button resets only the BIOS I think.

I have no problems with two different external batteries (both old and original). The tablet drains first the external, then the internal (the internal drains much more slowly if I must be honest). Then at about 10~20% (I dodn't make proper observations though) the internal starts rapid discharge.

At charging - it is the opposite: first charges the internal, then the external.

My internal battery holds not more than 1 hour. My unit doesn't power without the internal battery to be connected.
plane_crazy

Post by plane_crazy »

What OS are you running? How long will the computer run with both batteries?

Bruce
plane_crazy
ynopum

Post by ynopum »

MicroXP 0.82

~3h of reading PDF, the brightness is low or mid, or what is the default one - I am not able to control it.
plane_crazy

Post by plane_crazy »

So I tried another little experiment here. I reimaged CE back onto the drive, so it is back exactly as I bought it. Guess what - does the same sh-t. Says there is two batteries with the external at "Full". Drains the internal and shuts off!!

I am seriously thinking I have a hardware issue here. When I bought it I was checking it out and took the external battery off to look at it. I noticed the terminals on the battery were all twisted and out of shape (as if it had rubbed up against something and forced them sideways) I straightened them out. And just today I noticed while swapping batteries that the new battery has a couple of pins molded into the case beside the contacts that the old battery doesn't (they're broke off) So now I am wondering if the twisted battery contacts may have shorted something in the charge/dischrge circuit of the motherboard?

I was in contact with Sunnyvoip and he told me there is a switch under the battery cover on the DT360 to turn the external battery on or off. I don't see one on my DT366.

BTW- Can someone explain to me what the reset button on back does? And how exactly do you use it?
Powered on or while you power on???? I don't know.

Oh well I guess I will just keep using it plugged in till I can figure out how to squeeze dot net into it, then I'll probably buy a good one.

Unless someone wants to trade one that runs on batteries for one that remains plugged in  ;D

Bruce
plane_crazy
rectic

Post by rectic »

If it works on battery for even a minute or two, it's not a switch. The switch on the other unit makes it so the battery won't work without it being switched on.
plane_crazy

Post by plane_crazy »

It won't run on the external battery at all. If you remove the internal battery and boot from AC then pull the AC power it will die immediately. But Windows does see it and tells me it's charged???

Bruce
plane_crazy
ynopum

Post by ynopum »

Mine also doesn't start with internal battery missing.

The external battery has an oligoophrenic deign (sorry DT!)! How could they make the powered contacts so easy to get shortened?

I think that your battery was shortened and now it doesn't hold any charge - just voltage when it doesn't drain.
OR
I think it drains first the external. Mine is draining the external first. Maybe the internal one has a problem?
JouriM

Post by JouriM »

CE has a stupid "Full-Small-None" battery indicator but I note it seem table do not use external batery.
In XP I make shure on this.
Windows correctly reports two batteries, show they percentage and change hem, but when internal battery empties tablet shut up momentaly.
I think my extrnal battery is dead.
But if your is new... it seems some probled in WebDT schematicts - it do not use external battery :(

PS: Anyway livetime on single internal battery is amazing (up to 6 hours depending on usage).
palladyn

Post by palladyn »

Well its not fully true that WebDT will not work on just externall battery i have the same problem few days ago and what i found is that , if you have only external battery you have to charge it to the end and when it is fully charged unplug AC fast ( realy fast, my webdt have strange AC port and sometimes when i plug out AC, power is disconnected and connected again, and WebDt starts to charge battery again for short time ) after it WebDT will start and normaly run on external battery you can turn it off and on and work like on internal one untill you put AC back and battery start charging after it you can not work on battery untill it is fully charge again.

I hope its not so confusing as it looks ;), i did not realy pay lot of attention on "why it works that way" beacose i am sitll fighting with system change , but as soon as i resolwe OS problem i will look again on this battery issue , for now it is all information i have. I hope it is use full .