DT366 MS S&T 2007 in action

If you are running Windows on your WebDT366 this is for you.
jm98

DT366 MS S&T 2007 in action

Post by jm98 »

Took five state road trip (Texas, NM, Colorado, Utah, AZ).� I was impressed with how tablet provided detailed maps with zoom features.� Tablet Carpc ran 100% of time during driving. No problem with booting, heat, cold or any other issues.� The display was crisp and clear during daylight.�

Atigo S? (DT366) AMD GX2 533 cpu
512MB RAM (Yes its 512 not 256)
4GB Disk (C:\drive)
16GB CF
XP Pro
Built in Blue-tooth
MS S&T 2007
Holux Slim236 Blue-tooth GPS adapter
AC/DC inverter with USB power plug
Home made car mount (~$10 including black spray paint) - Will post more picture on a separate� thread

This was much better experience then my other carpc with 7" Lilliput LCD screen.

The only issue is hibernation with bluetooth GPS unit as it powers off when I turn off vehicle but tablet power setting is 1 minute before hibernation kicks in. This causes table to lose bluetooth pairing with GPS receiver.

If I plug in GPS receiver to tablet USB port the hibernation does not kick in.�

As workaround to hibernation issue just manually shutdown and startup. The shutdown was ~5 seconds and start up ~20 seconds + map applicatoin.  Holux Slim236 is an excellent GPS receiver locks up birds fast even in narrow canyons, mountains and under cloudy with heavy stormy weather.  When driving through tunnels GPS reception is obviously gone but within two seconds of going through tunnels the GPS reception is back and can see arrow moving on map.

The only limiting factor is CPU speed as it's ~500MHz however it's on par with my old Dell desktop with ~600MHz cpu.

Over all it's great experience.� No more tiny TomTom/Garmin/Mio GPS receivers......... :)
Attachments
dt366-gps2.jpg
Last edited by jm98 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.