MicroXP / XP drivers

If you are running Windows on your WebDT366 this is for you.
resu

Re: MicroXP / XP drivers

Post by resu »

dr_Henio wrote: microXP 0.81 have a cf slot drivers? I put cf card and nothing I dont see card in my computer.
Microxp doesn't have this driver, You should copy all missing drivers from another source.
For example, I used xp sp2 eng 2600 drivers for pci bridge for CF.
I have successfully installed Windows Micro XP v0.82 Service Pack 3 on web dt 366. Everythink works fine, including wi-fi, pcmcia cards, full audio & video, accept bluetooth.Says, there is no bluetooth device.
If you want I can upload all missing drivers.You should install everything by device manager.Installing *.inf from right click menu doesn't work.
As I said I'm using  Micro XP v0.82 Service Pack 3, drivers form sp2 work fine.

Of course , at first you need to download drivers from that topic for specific devices on Your dt366:
forum/viewtopic.php?t=5
Last edited by resu on Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
dr_Henio

Post by dr_Henio »

please upload to me missing drivers in MicroXP 0.82 sp3

I dont have only cf slot working.
resu

Post by resu »

dr_Henio wrote: please upload to me missing drivers in MicroXP 0.82 sp3

I dont have only cf slot working.
Ok, I don't have internet access at home, but I'll upload everything tomorrow morning. 
dr_Henio

Post by dr_Henio »

ok
resu

Post by resu »

missing system xp sp2 drivers for MicroXP 0.82 sp3:

delated tue to incompatatibility with sp3 ....
look at my post below , to download compatible sp3 missing files...
Last edited by resu on Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
resu

Post by resu »

Unfortunately, Cisco Aironet is not working.
At first I thought, everything was fine, but after trying to connect to AP, my card is still not assosiated with AP.
my AP works in b,g standard
cmd:ipconfig /all    says media disconected.
I 've tried to install a few version of full cisco software for aironet 350 series , but none of them, in spite of god looking :( , really works.
I can't change channel in ACU. This option is blocked and shows only 6 channel.

does anyone have similar problem with cisco aironet in microxp 0.82?
dr_Henio

Post by dr_Henio »

Resu I have this files but my cf don't work. :(
resu

Post by resu »

dr_Henio wrote: Resu I have this files but my cf don't work. :(
Open your device manager and make a screenshot.Unroll everything with question mark.
If You don't have any screenshot software I'll send you link to portable versions on PM.
serialjoepsycho

Post by serialjoepsycho »

change the settings for the wireless card. Open it up completely. Set it to connect to any open network. anywho thats how I got it to work and after that I didn't care.
resu

Post by resu »

After a few days struggling with wifi, and cisco website support[real nightmare] my pcmcia working well with wep protected networks or open networsk withno protection.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to access my wpa network, in spite of setting "Use Other Configuration Application" in ACU [aironet configuration utylity]
I'm using strong protection : wpa2 personal protection with AES and pre shared key,
I found several driver packages on sicso website from 1.8, 1.7.01, to 1.0. None of them worsk with WPA2 Personal/AES
1.3 and above support wpa, but v. 1.4 has a few bugs, so I would not suggest to install it.
Maybe it would be possible to use it with WPA 2 Enterprise, but I don't have time to test it now.

I've installed v.1.8 and tested v.1.3

Code: Select all

Win-Client-802.11a-b-Ins-Wizard-v13.exe
Release Date: 28/Oct/2005
Client Adapter Installation Wizard for Windows 2000 and XP. Supports 350 and CB20A Client Adapters. 
Includes client firmware 5.40.10, NDIS Driver 8.5/3.8, ACU 6.3, ACM 2.3.

Win-Client-802.11a-b-Ins-Wizard-v18.exe
Release Date: 25/Jan/2008
Client Adapter Installation Wizard for Windows XP. Supports 350 Client Adapters. Includes client firmware 5.60.22, NDIS Driver 8.9/3.12, ACU 6.7, ACM 2.4.
So, if you have some free space on disk or cf card, that utylity is worth install.
As I mention, sisco has terrible support, you have to register to download any software.I really suggest you setting up your country at the top of the page, before continuing registration ;)
download path for registered users is:

HOME>SUPPORT>TOOLS & RESOURCES>Download Software>Wireless  > Cisco Aironet 350 Wireless LAN Client Adapter  > Aironet Client Installation Wizard (Firmware, Driver, Utility)  > Windows XP ... 
I'll try to upload that sotware anyway... 
serialjoepsycho

Post by serialjoepsycho »

if you just want to connect to the inter net set up a wireless network. set it up so that windows configures your wireless network settings and  you do that by checking the box. Lower down there is an advanced options button click it and pick the any availible network (access point preferred) and click the check box at the bottom that say automatically connect to non-preferred networks. This of course isn't terribly secure but if you are using microxp in the first place why are you worried about security now.
resu

Post by resu »

serialjoepsycho wrote: if you just want to connect to the inter net set up a wireless network. set it up so that windows configures your wireless network settings and  you do that by checking the box. Lower down there is an advanced options button click it and pick the any availible network (access point preferred) and click the check box at the bottom that say automatically connect to non-preferred networks. This of course isn't terribly secure but if you are using microxp in the first place why are you worried about security now.
Idid it several times trust me...I know how to bypass ACU and use WZC to configure wifi.Besides for security reason my wifi network doesn't broadcast SSID.I manually setup SSID during connection attempts. I built and setup protection for a small wifi networks for a few years.
I know how do deal with it, I'm just saying, that WPA2 Personal with AES doesn't work with aironet cisco 350 drivers and firmware so far. When I put into webdt my other wifi Nec Aterm WL 54AG on Atheros chip , everything is good.
At first I thought, mixro xp had been stripped to much, but I checked that cisco wifi with another full xp tablet with "microsoft wifi patch" kb826942 and that wifi is not working with WPA2/AES as well.

I just need to try WPA Enterprise mode as a last chance.But it involves changing configuration protection in 6 laptops and AP station :(  Probably I will put my Nec Aterm instead of cisco.
resu

Post by resu »

Here You have: latest firmware, drivers and client utylity fo Cisco Aironet 30 series PCMCIA [from official cisco website]

Win-Client-802.11a-b-Ins-Wizard-v18.exe

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R6FM3CSN
or
http://rapidshare.com/files/286829353/W ... 8.exe.html
or
http://www.easy-share.com/1907958300/Wi ... rd-v18.exe

missing system files xp sp3 compatible [ you need these files if you're installing Micro xp sp3 ]

http://rapidshare.com/files/286837934/MSF.rar.html
or
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GFP5IX6A
or
http://www.easy-share.com/1907958516/MSF.rar
Robinson

Re: Help from XPe users needed

Post by Robinson »

plane_crazy wrote: ...Does anyone know the maximum size recognized in the CF slot??
16G CF tested under BartPE, speed ~1.5Mb/s.

Best wishes.
NateTheGreat555

Post by NateTheGreat555 »

Hey all,
I've got MicroXP completely installed, but have a few issues.

First off, when installing the Widcomm bluetooth drivers, it says it cannot find the bluetooth device.
Anyone else have this same problem?
It seems to work with BlueSoleil, however, that is simply an evaluation version...

Also, when I try to run the BtnAgent, I keep getting errors upon launch. Is there a way around this? I assume that is for the buttons...

Thanks!