MicroXP / XP drivers

If you are running Windows on your WebDT366 this is for you.
netoa22

Re: MicroXP / XP drivers

Post by netoa22 »

Hello,
I'm new to this whole webdt thing.
i bought one not knowing about this forum and i am very thankfull it exists.
i've learnt a lot.....but not enough.
i have the following problem.
i've read how some users installed micro xp flawlessly.
i've ahd no such luck. during install i get a stop 7b while it says windows starting after loading drivers.
i read that it had to do with ide drivers but the same happens with regular xp also.
i ghosted micro xp on a pc, and copied it onto the tablet and it starts booting an then whiole the winxp loading screen bsod 7b.
what am i doing wrong....where should i load the drivers.....
help me please
serialjoepsycho

Post by serialjoepsycho »

dude i used a portable cdrom drive to install xp. It takes a bit of patience. Are you getting a little blue screen of death with some long error code?
Last edited by serialjoepsycho on Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
netoa22

Post by netoa22 »

yes the error code goes something like STOP 0x0000000...7b (three sets of nos here)
i didint write them down but i could if it would help...i have an external cdrom, usb hub, bootable usb drive keyboard ect....
i've tried xp and mcroxp with cdroms.
dos boots form the usb drive but slax 6.1.1 or slax poopcorn, gives me an error during boot and says it shuld never happen
serialjoepsycho

personally I don't know much about using ghost so I can't help you there. I had a blue screen of death with an error code I forget which. I was impatient and thought the computer froze up so i reset it before windows was installed. I started over and layed it down and walked away and didn't touch it till i saw a start button. #0min to an hour (iwas watching tv so i forget). But I did install it with a usb cdrom. where did you get the os image you chousted to the dt?

I have had the same trouble with slax. I usually format the flash stick and put slax back on it.
Last edited by serialjoepsycho on Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plane_crazy

Post by plane_crazy »

Same with me, I used an external cdrom as well. Installed everything in like 15mins. Had no troubles. Used a 4 port USB hub. It has power but for some reason my cdrom doesn't like it so I plug the power cord of the cdrom into my laptop usb port and all is good. Cdrom, keyboard and mouse and memory stick for the drivers.

Bruce
plane_crazy
plane_crazy

Post by plane_crazy »

You can't ghost it onto the drive like that. You have to install it just like normal. Burn the CD and put the cd in the drive and boot it up. Format the internal drive and install.

The drivers get loaded after just like you would for anything else. The drivers are not for anything that Windows needs to run

Bruce
Last edited by plane_crazy on Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plane_crazy
serialjoepsycho

actually that might have caused his error don't you think Bruce? Unless he ghosted the iso to to the hdd. Which ever computer that image was set up for wouldn't have the same PnP-ID. That can be fixed but its to much of a hassle to bother with.
plane_crazy

Post by plane_crazy »

The iso is just for burning the disc image for the cd. It is similar to a zip file. It's just a compression format. The Windows installer unpacks all the CAB files and installs them in the right place on the hard drive. I always format with a fresh install, less trouble that way.

Bruce
plane_crazy
serialjoepsycho

I'm familiar with what an iso is. I just wandering If he put the iso on the hard drive to try to install it or if he copied the os he had on another computer and attempted to transfer that os image onto the dt. The latter would cause the error he's having. Which can be fixed but it's not worth bothering with.
Last edited by serialjoepsycho on Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
matt
Developer
Developer

Post by matt »

yes the error code goes something like STOP 0x0000000...7b (three sets of nos here)
The other three sets are important too.

Perhaps not relevant to your problem, but I have had glitches with windows installs before regarding the master/slave settings of the hard drive and the CD Rom drive. If you continue to have problems, then something as simple as changing the USB port of your external drive may/may not help.

(Yes, I know that USB isn't master/slave, but I'm also aware that winblows can be sensitive to which USB port a device is on).
netoa22

Post by netoa22 »

hi,
i've tried installing from the cd and the ghost from another computer method and same problem on both.
i had to reset the bios using the button in the back once.
maybe theres a ide setting i should change?
can someone tell me all the details from their ide bios setup so i could check it on mine?
thanks
serialjoepsycho

I use the stock settings  except i gave the video like 18 or for what ever. The ghost method shouldn't work what so ever. The only way that would work would be more or less if someone gave you an img set up on the dt and then you ghosted it over. What kind of processor did the computer have that you got the img from that you tried to ghost over? When that bluescreen error comes up did you just power the computer on or did the computer by it's self reboot and pop up that error?
netoa22

Post by netoa22 »

i used the ghost image knowing it probsbly wouold not work. i�ve tried with several install discs and nothing.
the factory defaults dont work with the flash drive, if you set the bios to the defaults it wont read the hdd (this happened even when i still had wince also). so i played with the ide settings until it worked with wince and i get the stop 7b when installing xp. so i am thinking maybe something in there is not set up right.
this is not similar to someone who poste dthat he gets 7b when the install reboots i cant get it to install at all.
so if someone can write in their  bios settings i would be very thankfull.
serialjoepsycho

when do you get the 7b error? Do you start to install and then suddenly poof you have a 7b error? Do you power it down and repower it and then you get the 7b error? Does it reboot itself after install and then give you the 7b error?
netoa22

Post by netoa22 »

during install after its finished loading the files an it says on the bottom of the screen windows is starting, i get the stop. thats right before you get the screen to choose the partition to install to.