Dt310 Bios

Dave7341

Re: Dt310 Bios

Post by Dave7341 »

I don't know what ports are active on your device. I only know that you want additional storage. Without additional data on the tablet configuration I can only tell you to use a USB flash drive. The USB ports are always active unlike some of the other ports.

Sorry I can't be more specific.
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by quotaholic »

This should be what you are looking for.

forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=517

The first pin on an ide header is marked with a small triangle or arrow.
jawwells

Post by jawwells »

my tablet actually has 4gb memory. I cant figure out how to get into the bios. There isn't any files under the d drive. I also need to find the driver for the msr.
jawwells

Post by jawwells »

I was downloading off the internet and this thing froze up and I have rebooted this this a million times. It will boot to my lig in screen and then there is no response from the touce screen, totally frizen. I have no idea how to fix it. Maybe connect a usb keyboard or mouse???? :(
Dave7341

Post by Dave7341 »

I agree. A USB keyboard and mouse will let you log in and see what the issue is.

If the touch screen still will not work then it could be that you have some corrupt files from when it locked up.

It could be that when you were downloading that you ran over the temp files limit - it's usually around only 30mb on a standard XPe installation. If you had EWF ENABLED then you will never get corrupt files. When you get it fixed, turn EWF back on.

Let us know how it goes.
Dave7341

Post by Dave7341 »

Have you figured this out yet? I'm sure I can repair it for you and flash a new OS onto it if that's the problem.

Contact me directly if you want to send it for repair or pass me your email address.

-Dave
alittasik

Post by alittasik »

Hi Guys,

I need some help. I have a Wetif DT310, but I can't install an 1,8" Toshiba HDD because of the old version of BIOS.
Only I want to know where I can download a BIOS file of version 310LX_1.03.06 (or newer if exists) from.
Could you write a link?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Dave7341

Post by Dave7341 »

You need the service tools software package to rewrite the BIOS file. Where are you located? Pass me your direct email and maybe I can tell you where to get the tablet BIOS flashed.

The BIOS version you have is OK for a 1.8" drive.

Go into the BIOS and turn on the summary screen with a long delay so you can carefully look at the summary screen during boot up. Does the drive show up on the list in the first slot, second slot or do they both not display? If they both disappear (internal flash and 1,8") and no drive shows then remove the flash drive and try to see if it recognizes the 1,8" only. Some tablets are configured for just one - either one - but just one storage device.

Let me know.

It may take awhile for me to answer you, I don't check here often since the spammers took over.

-DT_Dave
alittasik

Post by alittasik »

Dave,
You wrote me this: 'If they both disappear (internal flash and 1,8") and no drive shows then remove the flash drive and try to see if it recognizes the 1,8" only.' I tried it but the machine didn't recognize any drive and I can't see any drive at the summary screen.
So I want you to help me in upgrading the actual (310LX_1.03.01) BIOS to 310LX_1.03.06. version.
Thanks in advance.
Dave7341

Post by Dave7341 »

Upgrading the BIOS may also require upgrades to the system board. You should contact DT Research here:
http://dtresearch.com/support/support_contact.htm
They can tell you if this is something you can do yourself or if you need to send the tablet to them. I'm not sure where you are located so you may have a service center closer to you - they can tell you the closest location.

Not all tablets can have the hard drive added to them if it's locked out in the BIOS features. Maybe the feature needs to be turned back on - I have never seen one with this feature turned off, but it's possible. When the tablets are re-branded the third-party integrator decides what features to enable/disable. This is all part of upgrading the BIOS. DTResearch can usually tell you what needs to be done from the serial number so you can decide if it's worth the cost before you send it to them.

You can also sell yours on EBAY and buy one there that has the hard drive in it. WEBDT 310s with hard drives are common on EBAY lately. There is a person selling on EBAY often that use to work at a repair center and he sells modified tablets that he has turned on all features.

Good luck!