Network boot possible?

mistico4

Network boot possible?

Post by mistico4 »

Howie368,

Thank you very much for posting how to enter BIOS. To date, I just randomly pressed everything from F1 to F12, esc. delete, etc. until something appeared before entering XP.

The first window that pops up offers a selection of boot options plus entering setup. I noticed one of those options is Network Boot. Would it be possible to fully boot from the network like a thin terminal using the Cisco card? AFAIK, no OS would need to be installed on the unit itself, which means the flash disk is not used and thus preserved.

Secondly, I don't have the hardware to try other boot options, and I have read mostly about the DT366, but can Atigo T/DT368 boot XP exclusively from USB pen drive or Compact Flash slot?

Thank you
tt300zrcr

Re: Network boot possible?

Post by tt300zrcr »

you can do network load of the os that i have tried using the SDI loader from windows but i donthing there is anything else like thin client

for you second question windows will not install from usb and or cf card as the primary source

i ahve tried it and tried it nothing works.
jwatson16202

Re: Network boot possible?

Post by jwatson16202 »

i believe that network boot is possible only from ethernet when the unit is docked, dont quote me on this however as i have never tried it.
as for booting from usb, we primarily re-image literally 100's of these a week using win98 boot files and ghost from usb, so i know it at least boots into win98 command line.