Flash bios?

Have a tip or tweak that worked for you? This is the place to share it. In particular allocatable memory, flash card slot limitations and speeds as well as how to set up a toggle for outdoor viewable video.
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Flash bios?

Post by quotaholic »

That is a seriously interesting application. Would love to see it in action. What is the hardware it is talking to? Wifi ip based commands?

Anyways only one person here "may" have access to a bios flashing rig. Send Foxx a pm when you get a chance and explain your situation. Let me know how you make out. I may have a plan b but I need a couple days to look in to it.

Another thought is ewf. It stands for (and I am seriously out of my range of knowledge here) enhanced write filter. Its a windows add on. I am assuming Pentair runs on XPe or CE? From what I understood it can be used to map programs to the CF card. Aka non volatile storage. So if bios lost power it would not dump your program. Again I am on shaky ground. If a windows person reads this please add or correct me on this.

Thank for your post and welcome to WebDT!

quotaholic
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by quotaholic »

Glad to hear that a less destructive or non customer involved method may exist to solve the problem.

I came from the home automation realm. Saw the DT36x branded as Crestron back in 2000 or so. The Crestron hardware that these talked to is fairly proprietary. My interest peaked on the box that the Pentair system uses as a pool has motor, valves, heater, sensors and, well I can only imagine what else. If the "box" that pentair uses has dry contacts 110v input and some basic sensor input my first thought was to use it in a home setting. If its of a design where it takes in 220 power, transforms it to different voltages I may not be as interested. Good stuff none the less.

Are you on CE or Win XPe?

quotaholic
YasmineCave

Post by YasmineCave »

They have a configurator file that when run it makes some changes to the registry...and clears the desktop. After running that program and completely powering down the unit, it seems to restart correctly and start the screenlogic app. So this might be working with some registry mods.
Fairy tales tells you a real wonderful story in Once Upon a Time Season 2 DVD!