Puppy Linux

This board posts about running linux on your webdt366
Jason.Young

Puppy Linux

Post by Jason.Young »

I booted into PUPPY Linux on my DT366 Tablet and it ran great, very fast and smooth. Had no problem seeing my network or anything.

Now this was a USB/live CD boot that did not include the Touch point drivers or V-KB.  I am going to try to create a working install that includes the needed touch point drivers and V-KB. if it ran this fast in the LIVE cd version I am wondering how well it will run from the internal flash drive.

So if anyone is well versed in Linux and have any suggested please let me know. I am more a windows guy though I am moving more toward Linux every day :)

Thanks
spouky

Re: Puppy Linux

Post by spouky »

great, I've been using Puppy on another machine last year and loved it...

Please let us know how you set the Touchscreen issue then...

And how to install on internal flash drive if it becomes possible...

thanks
vinograd19

Post by vinograd19 »

Please tell the name of distribution.
I install the latest release of Puppy Linux, but it says to me something like
"searching for puppy files in computer disk drives ..." and stops

How can I handle this?
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by quotaholic »

When you boot puppy try adding the "to ram" option.

At first I didnt think Puppy was gong to work because I saw the starting x window line scroll by and nothing happened.

I should have had patience. Around the 40th or so line everything started right up.

Hopefully it does for you as well.

quotaholic
fabio

Post by fabio »

hallo everybody, after a lot of testing i've seen puppy to be the fastest but i need to install touchscreen and screen keyboard, can anybody help me?
thanks
Fabio
angrymeat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by angrymeat »

havnt been able to get it working myself .
david_halliday
Developer
Developer

Post by david_halliday »

I intend to look at this when i have finished my own Debian Lenny based install. It looks like Puppy 5 is going to be very interesting as it can be based on Ubuntu or Debian packages as well (upup and dpup). The default may even be a upup derivative.

Dave.
akhileshss

Post by akhileshss »

Need help. I booted puppy from a USB. I need help in getting this touchscreen up. I cant see the device listed in my /proc/bus/input/devices. I only see three devices, the keyboard (on USB hub) + mouse  (on USB hub) + PC Speaker. As a result, I cant see any events or raw data coming out of any /dev/event* (except /dev/event0 which is keyboard data).

I followed this: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=41286
and http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=299746, but no avail :(

Please help me in getting my touchscreen keyboard so that I can get rid of this USB hub mess!!!

Anyone to help me out?
Bebeman

Post by Bebeman »

I've tried Puppy as well...........it seems the 2x versions run faster than the 4x versions (live boot). I'm a big puppy fan, and have it running on several tablets with touchscreen support....as I recall it was a bear to get the touchscreen working....I'm no expert by any means, but I'll give it a go, and report back my findings.