experimental Operating system

This board posts about running linux on your webdt366
serialjoepsycho

experimental Operating system

Post by serialjoepsycho »

2/os I think it's basically what's left of the e/os project. I haven't found alot of documentation
but the interest in the project is very user specific based around a small community (like most linux distributions are). Until the project gets abit further it's just going to be centered around a small community. I think the project aims at being a cross platform OS compatible with linux, unix, windows, beos, and dos. I think the penmount windows drivers might be compatible with it. I ran it on virtual box and it seemed fairly stable. I ran it from live cd as well and it seemed stable. It covered all the drivers on my desktop and I think it may cover all but the penmount on the dt. Here's the download. The website is in spanish (I think) but I used google to translate it. I assure you thought that the OS is in English.

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... annel%3Dfs
serialjoepsycho

Re: experimental Operating system

go to the download section and get the latest iso if you want. If the windows drivers don't work then try to compile the penmount for linux gpm source. I don't think gcc is installed standard but it is availible on the site. There is documentation on it but some questions might not be answered. More or less if you are a linux user I think you won't have that many questions. There is a device manager that might detect any drivers. As I said this is an experimental os and experimenting is really the only way to see if it will work. I think it might.
If you try it please post your results and/or the problems you run across here.
serialjoepsycho

Re: experimental Operating system

You will have to format your hard drive to ext3 (or what ever) and set up a boot flag.

You will also have to tell it where the partition you are going to have to install it as is.

Full path  (ie /dev/sda1) I am assuming the hard drive will be sda1 so do verify. I think you can set it up on usb if you don't want to end up wiping your hard drive. Once again I think you'll have to format to ext3 but what the hell if it's fat16 or 32 try it out. If this is going to work there really isn't much documentation on it so it might take a moment and  abit to get it to work but I think the main developer that posts on the websites forum might speak english. You might also try babelfish to communicate with them.