Live Android 0.3 on DT366

This board posts about running linux on your webdt366
immortalsoule

Live Android 0.3 on DT366

Post by immortalsoule »

I dunno if anyone cares but i just burned a Live Android v0.3 and booted it on the DT366. Of course, the inputs don't work on the touchpad but, with a keyboard, you can play with it and, honestly, it's not bad.

If someone can figure out the input problem, that would be slick

Android could bring the DT366 back to life if someone could figure the input out on it. Android could bring a LOT of older touchpads back to life. I'm about to test it on a Stylistic 3500.
Last edited by immortalsoule on Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Live Android 0.3 on DT366

Post by quotaholic »

do me a favor?

In a terminal type

Code: Select all

uname -r
and post back the results.

Also interesting in knowing which version on xorg is running.

I agree with you. As an android user I think that would be pretty slick as well.

quotaholic
darrenmason

Post by darrenmason »

immortalsoule,

This is what I have been working on as well. When you say you burned v0.3 what are you referring to? Android code is typically referred to as version 1.1, 1.5, 1.6, 2.0 and now 2.1 as per the release version from Google.

I am using the android-x86 port - is that what you are refreeing to?

What did you find the performance like? Acceptable?

Regards
Darren

Update: Google search found the liveandroid image that you are referring to. This looks like it was a build done before android-x86 project. Probably old kernel and old android version (1.1?). No recent activiy on the project.
Last edited by darrenmason on Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
immortalsoule

Post by immortalsoule »

darrenmason wrote: immortalsoule,

This is what I have been working on as well. When you say you burned v0.3 what are you referring to? Android code is typically referred to as version 1.1, 1.5, 1.6, 2.0 and now 2.1 as per the release version from Google.

I am using the android-x86 port - is that what you are refreeing to?

What did you find the performance like? Acceptable?

Regards
Darren

Update: Google search found the liveandroid image that you are referring to. This looks like it was a build done before android-x86 project. Probably old kernel and old android version (1.1?). No recent activiy on the project.
Burned as in a ISO file to a CD. Yes, for what i saw the loading was long (probably better when in memory loading) from CD but once it ran, it was decently smooth.