Linux question

This board posts about running linux on your webdt366
IvanG

Linux question

Post by IvanG »

I don't know if this community is for model 366 only or for WebDT devices in general?

I was wondering if anyone has any feedback, information or knowledge about IR Touch Systems Linux driver for digital signage made by WebDT.
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Linux question

Post by quotaholic »

Sorry IvanG but we have not seen anyone aside from yourself, asking or talking about the IR linux driver. I would suggest tossing that line up in the subject of a new post in general discussion. If it makes its way to google as resulted searches and we get some play back on it I will make a new category for it. I named the site webdt.org so technically I dont want to turn away any interest found within.

I took a look at the cut sheet here:
http://www.dtresearch.com/support/manuals/IR15_17_BOG_ENG.pdf

Looks like they are supporting both old and "newer" versions of xorg for the window server compatibility. Lets find out who makes the screen. Dont know if this is the product you had in mind or not. Do you have a piece of hardware in mind? Possibly we can find out who they are using and go direct for more details. In the DT366 and 360 we have penmount screens and penmount supports some popular distributions of linux. www.penmount.com
IvanG

Re: Linux question

Post by IvanG »

quotaholic wrote: Sorry IvanG but we have not seen anyone aside from yourself, asking or talking about the IR linux driver. I would suggest tossing that line up in the subject of a new post in general discussion. If it makes its way to google as resulted searches and we get some play back on it I will make a new category for it. I named the site webdt.org so technically I dont want to turn away any interest found within.

I took a look at the cut sheet here:
http://www.dtresearch.com/support/manuals/IR15_17_BOG_ENG.pdf

Looks like they are supporting both old and "newer" versions of xorg for the window server compatibility. Lets find out who makes the screen. Dont know if this is the product you had in mind or not. Do you have a piece of hardware in mind? Possibly we can find out who they are using and go direct for more details. In the DT366 and 360 we have penmount screens and penmount supports some popular distributions of linux. www.penmount.com
Well, you can move the thread so you don't have double posting.

I have the device and I know the manufacturer of the touchscreen. It's IR Touch Systems.