Google Chrome OS on DT366

This board posts about running linux on your webdt366
casm

Re: Google Chrome OS on DT366

Post by casm »

quotaholic wrote: Ubuntu is Debian based. If there were mentions of a debian based system and it was in fact built upon ubuntu then there would be no false information exchanged no?
Fair point, and I see what you're getting at.  Thing is, Ubuntu and Debian (despite sharing a common base and package management) seem rather divergent - not that they're completely different, but that there are significant differences between them.  This is one reason why I mentioned Ubuntu as being the blessed development environment - even though Chrome could theoretically be built under any flavour of Linux, Ubuntu and not Debian is what's recommended.

Part of the reason for bringing this up is that if people are going to be rolling their own Chrome OS installations for the DT, it would probably be best for them to stick with what's recommended for building the OS from a sanity standpoint.  We've all got our preferred distros, but a little commonality doesn't hurt ;)
serialjoepsycho

Post by serialjoepsycho »

I'd have to say no. There are a few debian based os that have worked 366. Thus gar to my knowledge no ubuntu based os have worked on the 366.
detWDes

Post by detWDes »

As of this time when this post was made I think the Google Chrome is still not available for the tablet PC. But today there are tablet PC that allows Google Chrome as browser and there are some that are not. But all in all I think Google Chrome is now available even in mobile phones.