Custom Nimblex

This board posts about running linux on your webdt366
trmptplyr2368

Custom Nimblex

Post by trmptplyr2368 »

Hey guys,

I'm not much of a linux kind of guy but I was on a youtube video a guy who had taken his DT366 and put a custom build of Nimblex on it... can anyone help me out with the finer points of accomplishing this? I already have the streamlined iso, I just don't know where to go now....

Thanks in advance

-trmptplyr2368
serialjoepsycho

Re: Custom Nimblex

Post by serialjoepsycho »

There are a few topics further back on nimblex. I don't know if they'll be able to help you but check it out.
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by quotaholic »

Yup that video was probably fleegman. Haven't seen him around for a while but we have two versions of nimblex to play with. His here:

http://webdt.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=0

And the one the developer of nimblex gave a few days to here:

http://webdt.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=599#p599
trmptplyr2368

Post by trmptplyr2368 »

Okay... i finally decided to go with nimblex... used the minimal size iso available on custom.nimblex.net but i could use a little help with the particulars of installing it. As of right now, I'm booting it off of a burned ISO on a USB CDROM drive... any info regarding how to get it to boot off of the tablet itself would be awesome... thanks
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by quotaholic »

Nimblex by itself will take heavy modification to get it to work on a DT. Reference Fleegmans work to take that route. Bogdan the developer of Nimblex made an image including all the DT modifications. He ran it off of a USB stick and there is no install instructions so far. Nimblex and the KDE default window manager may provide a slower experience than other os's as it is not designed to be light weight. If you want to install the image you are booting to there should be an install option somewhere in there. That was actually the first image I installed on my first DT. The image that Bogdan made has other window managers available that may be lighter weight than KDE. Again, there are no install instructions for installing his custom image.
trmptplyr2368

Post by trmptplyr2368 »

Is there anywhere i might be able to get a norton ghosted image of a dt366 set up with nimblex working? I honestly don't have the technical knowhow with linux to install it effectively and or mod it sufficiently to make it work... if someone could help me out with that it would be much appreciated... I would really prefer to use linux over windows but only if i can get it to work without being buggy as heck... i've worked with platforms running modded distros that are just so rediculous its not even funny... If someone could kindly help me out finding a ghost image to install, that would be amazing....
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by quotaholic »

Angrymeat used to make ghosts out of my images so I know its possible. In the FAQ I left instructions on installing any of the images I have made. Although the tools may not be familiar they do work quite well. I do not use nor have any windows based computers so I will not be able to help out. If you have ghost feel free to make a ghost out of any images here to try out. Let us know how you do.