Slackware XFCE 3rd working linux image for the DT366

This board posts about running linux on your webdt366
serialjoepsycho

Re: Slackware XFCE 3rd working linux image for the DT366

Post by serialjoepsycho »

tomparis37 wrote: well that didnt work either...so i think im just gonna sell this tablet...a ghost image of windows xpe or ce 5.0 will solve the problem but nobody here seems to want to help me with that....so im just gonna sell and be done with it and let somebody else deal with it.
Giving you a image of ce or xpe is illegal. There are tutprials for hooking up microxp on here. People willing to help you with that. There is the man who set up this site and made the majority of these linux images willing to help you thru.
If you want to sale it please do but bubba don't blame us because you can't do it. I understand you want the easy out but it's just not out there. We can't and won't break the law to help you out.
tomparis37

Post by tomparis37 »

tomparis37 wrote: well turns out the tablet is shot anyway. i wiped it out with boot and nuke and put a windows ce 5.0 image on it i found on this board and the samething i cant click on anything in the upper right and lower left corners and the ce clibration program just loops...so turns out the touchscreen is messed...so i guess im just out the money on the tablet. thanks anyway
serialjoepsycho please read that
Mustafa

Post by Mustafa »

Hello ! I finally download the files.But have not tried installing the images because whenever I try to ghost my webdt , the image on the usb stick fails while I check the integrity on Ghost.So I don't go on installing any other Os for now.I try to figure out whenever I got a chance.But I will follow your posts for the best OS image for Webdt.Thanks for replies  :D
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by quotaholic »

You can also use "dd" to make a copy of your hard drive. If you followed the instructions to the point of transferring the image in just do the reverse. Tell dd to copy the contents of whatever the hard drive path is to the usb stick. Takes about 20 minutes for me. dd if=/path/to/hd of=/path/to/usb

Just have to boot to a live linux os on a usb hub to make it possible.
Mustafa

Post by Mustafa »

I am so new into Linux and Webdt , I will check your instructions.I think I saw someone posted his CE image but it is half size smaller than my ghost image.I feel It is better to use your own image rather than someone else (I have some rfid software installed).The ghost image is around 34MB And after all the research , I am sure nobody in my country is using this device.Thanks for replies quotaholic  and serialjoepsycho.
ciur

Post by ciur »

quotaholic wrote: This is the third edition of Slackware 12.0. This edition features the XFCE window manager...
I think, the file system like Knoppix (compressed) should has been solved a lot problems. I try work on it.
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by quotaholic »

Good idea, wish I knew how to do that. I would suggest working with Slackware 13 or "current". From what I have heard they did not include the needed kernel module for the buttons, atlas acpi button controller, until kernel 2.6.29 or slackware 13.
gsunr

Post by gsunr »

Hi, where is a active link for dowload a dd of slack for WebDT ?
I'm a fresh user, about 5 hours :)
Thanks.