Messed up tablet?

Topics on hardware and modifications. Please post your "how to" steps that involve tools here.
ionbladez

Messed up tablet?

Post by ionbladez »

I seem to have messed up my 366 somehow, I just got done putting a damn small linux iso on my thumbdrive, and everything worked (using the UNETBOOTIN).

anyways, I rebooted it to see the bios and make sure everything is working and checked to see if the USB HD was in the boot order #1..

anyways I saved the settings and everything, and I restarted it.

It turned on, no blue screen.
And it started buzzing.
like something on the board itself.
it's not the speakers, it's the board. there is a buzzing noise coming from it, I'm guessing from somewhere around the flash maybe; I put my ear up to it and heard where it was coming from, in the middle of the back.

now every time I turn it on and off, it buzzes, and doesn't do anything.
the screen turns light grey, and just buzzes.

Did I really mess it up, or is there a way to fix this?
volkswagner
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Messed up tablet?

Post by volkswagner »

Have you tried the reset button?

On the rear of the unit, left of the external battery remove the little round sticker.  You can use the stylus to reset after hitting the power button.
Nothing is ever easy, but if it is difficult you must be doing it wrong.
My Wife's invention Doll Carrier
Foxx
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Foxx »

I know this may seem really weird... but did you drop it? Is the buzzing coming from the speaker, or the unit itself? The reason I ask is because I recently discovered something on the board that will cause the right speaker to buzz with EMF when its enabled. I doubt this is the case since my WebDT 366 booted just fine, except the weird buzzing... but its worth a long shot.

I will post more information about this in a few days after I am done compiling my findings.
Hacking is not a crime, It's a passion - www.BSoDtv.org
If you need someone to IDE mod your DT366 toss me a PM.
david_halliday
Developer
Developer

Post by david_halliday »

Perhaps after the reboot it is trying to drive the screen at to high a res. Try adding vga=771 at the begining of the kernel boot options.

Dave.