Getting Started

Topics on hardware and modifications. Please post your "how to" steps that involve tools here.
Arcturus

Getting Started

Post by Arcturus »

Hello all,

Just go myself a somewhat used DT366, as it stands it can't do what I want it to do but after reading some of the forums here I figure I can get it to the level I want, but I can't seem to find the right "How to" to help me out, so I figured I'd ask. I'm new to hardware hacking but am fairly competent with computers.

I have two different set ups I'm considering ether load the software up on the tablet or remote desktop to a VM run on a home server. In either case I'll need WPA2 wireless encryption, the ability to stream small/short video's, browse the internet, and run a small custom built SQL database with interface constructed on .NET3.5 framework.

I'm guessing the VM option is the best course but in either case I want to load up a highly striped down version XP on it, can this be done with the stock memory or should I upgrade?
If I upgrade the memory what's the best way to go about doing that?

If you could point me to articles to help me or provide some insight it would be greatly appreciated.