Recharging problem

Topics on hardware and modifications. Please post your "how to" steps that involve tools here.
blt

Recharging problem

Post by blt »

I have several DT units.  Two of them have developed an issue with recharging the batteries.  The units work when plugged into the AC adapter.  However, when I turn them off, the blue charge indicator light does not come on, nor blink like the other units due when charging. 

When running, the power icon program shows either AC or Battery, i.e. it seems to recognize the power input.  These two units just do not seem to charge.  Has any one seen this or have a solution?    Thank you.
leovic

Re: Recharging problem

Post by leovic »

It can be, try to replace with BIOS from normal WEBDT366?
Coburn64

Post by Coburn64 »

Sounds like a non-chargable battery. Lithium Ion batteries do lose capacity over time.
Coburn64
Linux Geek, Owner of Coburn's Domain, "Geek In The Family" Blog Owner
http://www.coburndomain.org :: http://www.geekinthefamily.com
Like my work? Please Donate!
WebDT 366 Owner
Mark

Post by Mark »

I had something similar happen -- incredibly quick loss of power. I bought two new external batteries, clicked one of them on the sickly DT366 and off it went! Unfortunately, it is rather costly to replace the internal battery. At least, I haven't found a place to buy a battery for a modest price...
volkswagner
Administrator
Administrator

Post by volkswagner »

Since you have several, you should be able to swap hardware/batteries to determine if the issue is the battery or the DT itself.
Nothing is ever easy, but if it is difficult you must be doing it wrong.
My Wife's invention Doll Carrier
jwatson16202

Post by jwatson16202 »

this could be one of 2 things,
as people have said it could be the batteries themselves. or it could be a circuit blown on the motherboard.

with the unit switched off, plug the ac power in. if the battery light blinks once, then stops, then it is probably the batteries. if no lights come on, or the middle light flashes quickly, then the motherboard will need replacing