What size capacity of CF cards and thumb drives are compatible with the DT366?

Topics on hardware and modifications. Please post your "how to" steps that involve tools here.
jwr18

What size capacity of CF cards and thumb drives are compatible with the DT366?

Post by jwr18 »

What size capacity of CF cards and thumb drives are compatible with the DT366? What brand works best?
Last edited by quotaholic on Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
angrymeat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: What size CF card and thumb drive are compatible with the DT366?

Post by angrymeat »

I have had  lexar Kingston and seagate cf cards all work in  my unit  the highest size I have tried so far is 4 gb .
On the thumb drive I have has the cruzer and pny 2 gb and 4g units both work with no real problem.
jwr18

Re: What size capacity of CF cards and thumb drives are compatible with the DT366?

Post by jwr18 »

I guess the highest CF capacity you can use is 4Gigs? Anyone try an 8Gig, 16Gis, or 32Gig thumb drive?

thanks

james
jwr18

Re: What size capacity of CF cards and thumb drives are compatible with the DT366?

Post by jwr18 »

Does anyone knoif there is a capacity limit for the CF slot? Can I put a 32gig CF card in it and it will recognize the entire 32gig capacity? The same questions apply for a 64Gig USB flash drivw.
james
Foxx
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Foxx »

I have used an 8GB Sandisk Cruzer USB Thumbdrive under Windows CE, Windows XP Embedded, and Linux with no issues.
Hacking is not a crime, It's a passion - www.BSoDtv.org
If you need someone to IDE mod your DT366 toss me a PM.
rc211e

Post by rc211e »

i have used a 32 gig thumb drive
azcaddman

Post by azcaddman »

32gb cf, no problems, 8, 4, 2 also.

8gb thumb drive (sony) no problems either.

well, other than transfer speed :)
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by quotaholic »

CF cards started as camera media. When Canon started to produce pro level camera's that took multishot bursts in the 12meg range CF started to increase in quality. I read a lot of camera forum posts before I bought mine. Reason being was a lot of camera guys were stating that on garden variety media they had a bunch of corrupted files that could not be read. Thinking on it I said how is my usage going to be any different? I plan on both reading and writing to the card at large increments, frequently.

Although speed on the port is limited to PIO2 or USB1.1 speeds (the cf slot is saddled to the usb bus) I shopped for a card that received high praise from the camera community. I dont want to transfer a big file only to have it corrupted or see a card with a short write cycle life. When I make an image I often write 1.2Mb/s for over 15 minutes to the card so write cycle and reliability was important for me. Speed is of little matter as usb1.1 is tops on the DT.
ynopum

Re: What size capacity of CF cards and thumb drives are compatible with the DT36

Post by ynopum »

For example all USB-pen-drives I have are working on the USB port.
Even a MicroSD card-reader (very small device, by the way - FCR-MRB, branded as Kingston) works perfectly.
jm98

Post by jm98 »

DT366 takes 16GB Kingston 133X CF.  Speed is OK.
plane_crazy

Re: What size capacity of CF cards and thumb drives are compatible with the DT36

Post by plane_crazy »

ynopum wrote: For example all USB-pen-drives I have are working on the USB port.
Even a MicroSD card-reader (very small device, by the way - FCR-MRB, branded as Kingston) works perfectly.
Problem with the Micro SD readers is the 366 will not boot from them and the computer will not boot with it in the USB slot either. I have a 4GB, and the thing is super small. I don't use the side bumpers on mine but if you did you'd never even see this thing.

Bruce
plane_crazy