my touchscreen is way off center

Topics on hardware and modifications. Please post your "how to" steps that involve tools here.
tomparis37

my touchscreen is way off center

Post by tomparis37 »

i cant click on the start button and i cant get to fiile now. im using a ce 5.0 image i got on this board.
tomparis37

Re: my touchscreen is way off center

Post by tomparis37 »

ok well now my upper left and lower right are completely offf i have to dig my stylus up in the frame for it to click my device......i really needthis fixed.
Foxx
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Foxx »

Have you tried to recalibrate using the penmount drivers and save the calibration info to the onboard EEPROM? (Thats the EEPROM thats on the touchscreen controller, not the WebDT FlashROM that holds the OS).
Hacking is not a crime, It's a passion - www.BSoDtv.org
If you need someone to IDE mod your DT366 toss me a PM.
tomparis37

Post by tomparis37 »

well im new to this...so i have no idea how to do that...also the problem is worse i caant calibrate now with the windows ce calibration tool and the whole upper left area is non resposive so its just getting worse....it makes clicking nosies when i hit that area but doesnt click anything...but what you said might work...so how do you do that
Foxx
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Foxx »

I dont have Windws CE on my DT right now so I dont know the step by step process. Under XP (or embedded) you can run the penmount utility, go to advanced options, tell it to do a 25 point linear calibration and check the lil' box that says "Save to EEPROM". It could be that the calibration data on the hardware for the panel is all whacked out. If you erase it and do a fresh calibration it may fix the issue. You cant make this any worse by wiping the EEPROM data, but remember it needs that calibration data to plot cursor movements correctly. If the data is bad... so will your mouse movements. This could also be from a defective touchscreen. It may need complete replacement.
Hacking is not a crime, It's a passion - www.BSoDtv.org
If you need someone to IDE mod your DT366 toss me a PM.
tomparis37

Post by tomparis37 »

ok sounds like im screwed idont have xp embeded on it....i have ce and it has no such utility....