Introducing myself

Topics on hardware and modifications. Please post your "how to" steps that involve tools here.
Armorgnome

Introducing myself

Post by Armorgnome »

Please ignore the username, it's from mmorpg days past but several forums all know me by that.

I have been using a WebDT 366(gx) for over 3 years now to run custom software for LinuxMCE. I recently picked up an old back-burner project of mine to build my own cradle for it and came across your site looking for dock pin information. I noticed that the pin information listed on your forums is the same I started my project with from the linuxmce wiki.

In hunting down information on that dock a fellow user matched pins on a 375 dock he was using on his 366. Although the dock powered and functioned there was a conflict of pin locations with the orginal linuxmce wiki post. A 4 pin group 9, 12, 13 and 16 are all being fed +5ve from the power connector (P1) while (P2 gnd) is hitting pins 1, 4, 15 and 18. I was hoping one of your users might be able to check this pin configuration with a multimeter so that I can at least verify the difference and modify the linuxmce wiki to reflect alternatives.

Once I resolve the pin locations I am ready to build custom WebDT charging docks. My personal dock has a space for my specific phone and a few other gadgets but the mold itself I built to be customized for any similar tablet and any possible configuration you could want. Cell phone and usb chargers are easy, given the space though anything that will fit I can provide integrated. Powered USB hubs, Alarm clock LEDs, Temperature displays, usb cd trays, etc.

I built a mold instead of a one-off to have docks available around my home, not to get rich. If you are interested in a custom build I would love to hear your ideas and handle the construction. It costs me glass and resin to produce a mold and of course the labor to customize and cram electronics into the base at your request. Examples and some base models will be available shortly as the clay on my mold is still wet.